2006 1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
I balanced full-time work with part-time school.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions eh. I live my life day by day. Although I always tell myself that I'll try to be a good person to Him and to others.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Singapore! For the Singapore Great Sale!
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Energy and REST.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There are several:
*January 20, 2006 - Backstreet Boys Live in Manila! Another concert 10 years in the making. Ahlavet! *February 24, 2006 - RAW Live in Manila! I waited for them for 10 years! I was not disappointed. Edge is hot! *July 8, 2006 - eek! *August 15, 2006 - INXS Live in Manila! One of the best concerts I've been to in years. *November 5, 2006 - Syempre birthday ko!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving our 2nd year of business.
9. What was your biggest failure?
When I couldn't handle the stress I was feeling properly.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Last June, I suffered from a severe case of hyperacidity, which lasted for about a week. And last July, right before I was about to go on holiday, I had a case of the fever, which lasted for about 3 days.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Nine West shoes, Ginger II and my camera.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour appalled you and made you depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food and CDs and gimmicks and Christmas shopping.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: i. happier or sadder? happier ii. thinner or fatter? just the same iii. richer or poorer? richer, I hope!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
planning and organizing
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
delaying doing things
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
spending the morning of the 24th at work, the night of the 24th at home with my family and the whole of 25th at work
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I wish! But I did get a new crush!
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Grey's Anatomy, Lost, House, Project Runway
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word. There are some people that I don't like now, yes, as opposed to last year.
26. What was the best book you read?
I don't think I had any great literary discoveries this year. The best would probably be Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
So many! Feist, Emiliana Torrini, Laura Veirs, Scissor Sisters, Imogen Heap, Camera Obscura
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
Lots of rest!
30. Favorite film of this year?
It wasn't shown in 2006 (I think it was earlier) but Pinoy Blonde is my favorite among the movies I watched this year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 26 and I celebrated it with my staff at our view deck.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
2006 is personally one of the best years ever. So anything else added to make it more satisfying is just icing on the cake.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Evolving. My fashion concept was pretty much either "I'm-in-the-mood-for-this-so-I'll-wear-this" or "I-don't-have-anything-to-wear". 2006 was also the year when I was always complaining about not having enough clothes. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to buy a lot of clothes this year because of budget constraints and other priorities. And I mostly spent my money on shoes so...
34. What kept you sane?
Prayer. Praying kept me sane. Knowing that everything will be alright in the end kept me sane.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Philippine politicis will always ignite something fiery in me.
37. Who did you miss?
I miss my family and my friends. I miss my sleep.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Patience and understanding will always be the key to having less wrinkles on your face.
Name: Jax Home: San Francisco, CA, United States About Me: See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here: