http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Wednesday, June 11, 2003
I just finished watching the first hour of the 2-hour show finale of Dawson’s Creek and omigoodness. It just reminded me why I watched and loved the show.

I loved the show because it was mainly about friends. That’s why I continued watching it over the years. My interest started to wane when they (the show’s producers) decided to concentrate on their romantic relationships. Anyway, this episode was just as it should be: about the five of them and their friendship. My friends are very important to me and the reason I loved this show was because it seemed that they were important to each other and they always showed the good times AND the bad times of friendship. But most importantly it showed how real and true friends really are. I’m lucky that I found my true friends in high school. I’ve been with so many highs and lows with them that it’s hard to imagine my future without them in it. Right now, I haven’t been with them in more than three years since we’ve all been busy with our studies and jobs. We’ve been planning so many reunions but almost none of them have pushed through because of conflict in schedules. I know we should have tried harder but at least we’re still together. Oh and did I mention that there were 14 of us in high school? And in college, we “adopted” 2 more friends? So we’re 16 in all. Kaya can you imagine how hard it is for us to get in touch with everyone?

Anyway, this particular episode made me think about my friends much more. If I found out suddenly that one of them was dying of an illness and there was nothing I could do about it, I’d be really helpless. My friends consider the “mother” of the group because I’m always taking care of them, making sure they’ve eaten or if they’ve had enough cuts from their classes or if they need to have a reality check. And the fact that I won’t be able to do anything about it frustrates me. I just hope I’ll never get to experience this until we’re supposed to, like around 50 years from now.

Whenever I feel down or feel contemplative, I try to read some books I have reserved for that. One of these books is called You Can Make Your Life Beautiful by Bo Sanchez. One of his essays is called Nurture Your Secret Life. In this essay, he wrote that when he entered celibate brotherhood, one brother assigned him a chore: toilet cleaning. He was a bit squeamish at first because he never did that before. But soon, he grew to “love” the chore and cleaned the toilet for a whole year. His day wouldn’t be complete if he didn’t clean the toilet. This became his secret life. His public life was preaching in big rallies, where people wanted to get his autograph and shake his hand. If they only knew where that hand was earlier that morning. That secret life kept him in place and pride away from his heart. He said, “It’s easy to be a disciple in front of an applauding crowd. But when no one’s looking – are you still a disciple?”

I’ve been thinking about this for several hours already and I still have not come up with an answer. What is my secret life? In fact, what is my public life? Wait! I know! What is it? Well if I told you it wouldn’t be a secret anymore now, would it?

Which Disney Movie Are You?


Legolas
You are Legolas!


"Which Fellowship Character Are You?"
brought to you by Quizilla


miss keane
You're Miss Keane. Wow, lookin after toddlers all
day.......what a job....


<-----WHICH POWERPUFF GIRLS CHARACTER ARE YOU??----->
brought to you by Quizilla


Kenshin :)
Kenshin is the man for you. He's gentle and kind,
and he'll even do your laundry!


(Girls) Which Rurouni Kenshin guy is for you?
brought to you by Quizilla


Brandon
You are Brandon McKarthy. Yo uare a sicko, but you
have a lot of problems that need to be dealt
with. Brandon first enters Dawn's world when he
tries to cheat off her and gets her in trouble.
Brandon then proclaims to Dawn that
"You're going to get raped." He keeps
up this charade for days and finally catches up
with Dawn in a quiet place and becomes all
mushy and tries to make her his secret
girlfriend but is turned down.


* What "Welcome To The Dollhouse" Character Are You * (pictures)
brought to you by Quizilla


Congratulations! You are PHOEBE.
You are PHOEBE. Outgoing, friendly and charming,
you're the cute, lively and helpful one.


*+*+* wHiCh ChArMeD cHaRaCtEr ArE yOu? *+*+*
brought to you by Quizilla



posted by Jax @ 6:31:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.