http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Tuesday, May 13, 2003
Went to Glorietta today to have Mom’s cellphone line reconnected and I waited for more than an hour before I was “attended” to. And you know how long it took me to finish my “business”? 15 minutes! Damn. Nalampasan pa ang number ko because I almost fell asleep due to boredom. There were 2 computers and no one was sitting behind it. But there were a lot of Globe employees there ah. Kainis lang because the business center was slowly filling up with people and they were nowhere to be seen. Wala lang. It’s just so frustrating to see people act this way, you know. But in fairness, when I was being attended, all attention was on me and they made sure that my request was granted.

Anyway, since my mom was going to be awhile, I decided to walk around and look for things to buy. I ended up at Tower Records to buy a CD for my dad’s birthday and Father’s Day. I know, I know. It’s still next month but it’s never too early to be prepared. Besides, it gave me a chance to browse for potential CDs. And I found four.

• Ivy – Guestroom
• Obi – Magic Land of Radio
• The Lilac Time – Lilac06
• Madonna – American Life

I haven’t bought them yet coz I don’t have any money for it. I’m adding it now to my list of must-buy CDs which include:

• Justin Timberlake – Justified
• India.Arie – Acoustic Soul & A Voyage to India
• John Mayer – Any Given Thursday
• Linkin Park – Meteora
• Daredevil OST
• Serendipity OST
• Diana Krall – The Look of Love & Live in Paris
• U2 – The Best of 1980 – 1990 & The Best of 1990 – 2000
• Incubus – Morning View
• Elliot Smith – Elliot Smith
• Alice Peacock – Alice Peacock
• Ryan Adams – Gold
• Nick Drake – Pink Moon

Quite a lot, I know. But there really are lots of good CDs lately, especially the indie albums. Which reminds me. My cousin gave me this CD, a demo copy of his friend and he asked me to review it and I haven’t really listened to it. Good thing I didn’t promise him a date. Will probably give him the review in two weeks.

Walked around Glorietta with Mom after lunch. She wanted to buy some sandals so we looked for good shoe stores. Well, I wasn’t planning to buy anything and then, at Ohrelle, this sales guy talked us into buying these sneaker shoes that cost around P1700. Well my mom agreed naman so we bought it. Besides, she payed for it. Thanks, Mom! I also bought these casual sandals that I plan to wear when I’m dressed down to go out. And they only cost P200!

I just finished watching The Simpsons and everytime I watch that, I feel sorry for today’s society. They’re too selfish, too wrapped up in themselves. Like for example today’s episode was about an approaching comet that was about to destroy Springfield. Everybody was panicking but not Ned Flanders, who built a shelter in case this happens. Well everyone else wasn’t that prepared so they forced themselves into Flander’s shelter. But it was too crowded and they had to “kick someone out”. Well they decided to kick out Ned, the person who built the shelter. But being the fair and nice guy that he is, he agreed and stepped out of the shelter to die outside. Isn’t that so typical of the people today? They never give credit to the people who work hard. They give priority to who and what you are. What do you think? Anyway, at the end, the town regretted their decision and went out of the shelter to be with Ned. Well the ending shows God’s power. He broke up the comet until it was just a little rock, thereby saving the town of Springfield from utter destruction.

I was also able to catch last night’s episode of Boston Public on Star World. In this episode, three students of Winslow High were killed by a drunk driver. And the whole episode was about how to cope with death and how to move on. One thing that stuck to me though was the scene where Brooke (whose friend was one of those killed) was questioning God and why He would allow something like that to happen. That happened to me a couple of months ago, when two people I know died almost at the same time. I lost direction and purpose in life. But you know what helped? I never lost faith in God. I prayed to Him to help me get through everything. I prayed for His guidance and strength. You know what? Through patience and prayer, I got through it and now I’ve been living my life better than before. I’ve been trying to “live it to the fullest”.

Speaking of religion, I found a really curious article about ”The Matrix”. It’s an article called The Gospel According to Neo written by Josh Burek for the Christian Science Monitor. I don’t agree with this. Apparently some people have been saying that Neo is depicted a lot like Jesus Christ. I don’t think so. But I do believe that there are ideas in the movie that can be used to live positively.

I was talking to Mom earlier about our upcoming trip to San Francisco. She told me not to bring too much clothes, that I just buy them all there. Woohoo! New clothes for me! And I also “tried to insert the issue of my PC”. I was “worried” about brining my PC to the US and she told me not to worry, we’ll just buy a unit there. Woohoo! New laptop for me!

Just received an e-mail about the “infected hamburger patties” of Jollibee. This e-mail goes on to say that these burger patties aren’t 100% beef but made partly of earthworm meat. All I gotta say about that is that’s an old issue. Jollibee’s burger patties aren’t the only ones like this. Even McDonald’s burger patties are partly made of earthworms. People shouldn’t worry though because it won’t do you harm. We’ve been eating it for years and we’re still fine.

Today’s Daily Double:
1. If You had the chance to join a sorority/fraternity, would you?
No I wouldn’t.
2. Would you rather be poor and humble or would you rather be extremely rich and selfish?
Poor and humble. It may sound like a cliché but I do believe that rich or poor, as long as I humble myself, then God will take care of me.

This week’s This or That Tuesday:
1. Packrat or minimalist? Minimalist. So I can buy more clothes!
2. Computer: desktop or laptop? laptop with the power life of a desktop.
3. Seashore or mountains? seashore. I love the beach!
4. Carpeting or bare floors? Bare floors
5. Drinking water: bottled or tap? Bottled. I’m so used to bottled water already. Besides if you drink tap water here, you never know what you’re gonna get.
6. Shopping websites: eBay or Amazon? Amazon!
7. Cute little kitties or big scary tigers? kitties do more harm than tigers so tigers it is!
8. Front door or back door? Front door. I like making an entrance!
9. Lots of jewelry, or little/none? little. I only wear 3 steel bracelets on my right wrist, one ring on each ring finger and sometimes a necklace.
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: At the last minute, you obtain tickets to an event you're dying to attend. However, you have to work that day! Do you ask the boss for the time off, or just call in sick? I’ll just ask the boss. I never skip work for something social.


posted by Jax @ 5:02:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.