http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Saturday, May 10, 2003
Went out for lunch with Macis, Ara (and her mom), and Tin at Shakey's. Wow. It felt so great seeing the three of them again. I haven't seen the three of them in months! We met up to plan for Ida's baby shower, which we planned successfully. We just have to update each other again in a few days. But we're going to have the shower on June 14 or 15, 2p at Ara's house. Decorations and the games will be handled by her. Food will be handled by Macis and I, plus Tin and probably Chelle will contribute some other stuff. We also divided the gifts for Ida's baby already. I already bought feeding bottles, bottle cleaner and a milk container. Plus I'll be buying a diaper bag and an infant tub. Macis will be buying the stroller. Ara, I think, will be giving clothes and diapers. Gosh, I can't wait!

By the way, these three girls were making hirit kanina about Tagaytay. And I told them we'll go after I come back from Dumaguete. Tapos, funny pa. We were eating dinner na, my mom, my bro and I. Then all of a sudden, my mom went, "O, kelan na ba kayo pupunta ng Tagaytay?". And I was like flashback! Di ba kanina lang? Oh well. I told my mom after Dumaguete na lang. So there.

Mother's day na bukas. I have my mom's present right here beside me. It's going to be hard bringing it down tomorrow because it's a little heavy. But I'll manage.

My friend earlier texted that the Congress was about to pass a House Bill legalizing abortion. At first, I was about to reply hell no! But when I thought about it, maybe it won't be so bad. It's actually kind of similar to another house bill or act that wanted to legalize prostitution. At least, if you legalize prostitution, it'd be a legal job and you'll be able to get taxes from them. And you'll be able to keep them off the streets. Plus, you'll be able to control the age of women who want and need to work as prostitutes. It still may not be a decent job but at least it'll be legal. It goes the same for the legalization of abortion. You'll be able to provide those who want to partake of it with clean and sterile equipment. You can ensure them that it will be a safe procedure because it won't be in some dark, seedy clinic but in a legal, clean, sterile environment (hopefully in a hospital). There will also be less chance of the mother dying because of wrong procedures. What do you think?

I was at the mall the other day and I saw the May 2, 2003 issue of Entertainment Weekly with the Dixie Chicks on the cover. Apparently, they voiced out anti-war statements during a concert and now, fans and other Americans have rebuffed them. And there was this episode where Bull Durham was being commemorated or something about baseball was being celebrated. Well at first they invited Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins to the event. But when they (Sarandon and Robbins) made anti-war sentiments, the organizers decided to "un-invite" them without tellin them. What's up with that? I thought America was a free country. And I thought they valued freedom of speech there. Well just because they made sentiments that, in this case, did not share theirs (the organizers), they decide to "not give them the time of day", as if they had leprosy or SARS or something contagious. Just because they don't share the same sentiments? What kind of "free society" is that? That's not freedom of speech, that's hypocrisy! Now I'm not saying that all Americans are like that, just these people that "boo-ed" the Dixie Chicks and "un-invited" Sarandon and Robbins and probably other people who share the same "thinking". And I remember during the Oscars when the guy who won for Best Documentary (I forgot his name, sorry) started speaking up against the war, people from the audience started jeering at and booing him. For what? Expressing what he felt? I thought that was what you people fought for: to be able to express what you felt? Clearly I was wrong.

And speaking of Americans, what's up with Kamiseta getting yet another foreigner to endorse their clothes? They said to prove that their clothes can be considered world class or something like that. Well, can't they do that with local people? It's not like they're opening a store in the US already. I just think if you want to endorse your product and be proud of it as Filipino - all the way. Oh well, but that's me.

Macis and I were at Starbucks kanina and we were having one of the philosphical conversations once again. Haven't done that in a long time. Maybe because I usually have those conversations with friends and I haven't talked to friends fave-to-face in months. Geez. How could I have survived this long without seeing them? Well anyway, at least I'll get to see them again next month and hopefully a lot more than that before I leave this August.

This week's Weekly Wrap-Up:

1. How much hair did you have when you were born? Not much but it was all standing up.
2. Share a hair memory from childhood. When I was a kid, my mom cut my hair.
3. How do you style your hair now? How much time to do you spend on caring for your hair? My hair's really, really short and it's all wash-and-wear so I don't have trouble fixing it.
4. Describe your worst hair day? What happened? I think it was when I still had long, layered hair. I didn't fix my hair that morning cause I was already running late. And the whole day my hair was all tangled up and sticky.
5. What's the best and worst thing about your hair? Why? It's wash-and-wear. But there's not much I can do with it.

This week's friday five:

1. Would you consider yourself an organized person? Why or why not? I'm an organized, messy person. My room's messy but I know where all the mess is.
2. Do you keep some type of planner, organizer, calendar, etc. with you, and do you use it regularly? I have a Palm Pilot, which keeps me informed about everything I have to do.
3. Would you say that your desk is organized right now? Kind of. There are piles of different stuff organized into corners.
4. Do you alphabetize CDs, books, and DVDs, or does it not matter? I alphabetize my videos/DVDs/VCDs. My books are just arranged by height.
5. What's the hardest thing you've ever had to organize? My videos because I always have to keep track if they're still in alphabetical order.




posted by Jax @ 7:59:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.