http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Thursday, May 08, 2003
Everytime I go to Boracay, it's always a different adventure. This one was different din from my previous Boracay trips. First off, it was my first time to stay in a Station 1 resort. We stayed in Cocomangas, which was really far from the Boat Station. My cousins and I walked from the station to the resort, carrying our luggage and our handcarried bags and every step was torture for us. We were dragging our feets through hot, white sand and made the windless journey to our hotel. Needless to say, when we reached the front desk, we were overjoyed to see the chairs and benches and pillows that we just dropped our bags where we can and slid over to the seats. Wow. I have never been so glad to see a bench before. Then one of the staff came out to give us welcome drinks: plenty of cool and yummy banana shake. Omigoodness. I couldn't take the straw off my mouth.

By day, we always explored the beach, the stores, and the restaurants. There's so much to do in Boracay. You can go island-hopping (which we did), go on the banana boat (my cousins did), henna tattooing, parasailing, diving and many more. Of course, you gotta need some money for this. And lots of it, I might add, because there don't come cheap. That's why I almost run out of money.

By night, though, we were scouring the beach for places to hang out. We eventually ended up in this place called Bom Bom, where the musicians played reggae music. Wow. Unbelievable. We would have gone back the next day to listen if there were performances. Oh and we saw three gorgeous guys that we didn't really "talk to" because they were walking and obviously a bit drunk. But they were really gwapo! The only gwapo guys I saw during my whole stay there. Oh well.

But you know what? I think I got a bit drunk too because the drinks were so cheap. The money that can normally get you just one drink here in Manila can get you around 3 drinks there! And I'm not talking about beer. Geez. Now that's what you call a happy hour!

Halata bang lasinggera?

Anyway, I went to the mall this afternoon to buy gold sandals for my cousin's wedding, for which I am part of the entourage. Actually, I went to four malls and you know what I got? A magazine and a gift for my sister. Yes, you read it right. I went to four malls and I didn't get to buy gold sandals. Damn! Maybe I'm just too picky but hey! Those are my feet. I still want to be comfortable, you know.

I saw this really touching TV commercial by Smart last night. A grandmother was looking at her family album and she was alone. And there were captions that went "More soothing than a hug. Your voice. Your message. Call or text her today." And it showed the grandmother on her rocking chair hugging the family album. I swear, it moved me to tears! That has got to be the best commercial Smart has thought of.

Tomorrow, I'm off to the mall again to buy the gift for my mom and to look for gold sandals once again. Damn! The wedding's less than two weeks away. I gotta find one soon!
posted by Jax @ 3:34:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.