http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Sunday, April 27, 2003
I bought a new book yesterday. It's called "You Can Make Your Life Beautiful" by Bo Sanchez. I've decided to try and reflect on it everyday by writing my thoughts here.

Can you believe this? At a time when Kerygma had about 250,000 readers all over the country, we only had tow phone lines in our office. And rusty ones, too. Because our phones has the audacity to break down on us. During that memorable ear of our history, if you called us up, and heard a ring - you didn't shout Yabadaboo just yet. Some actually danced the boogie and bought some ice cream at that point, but we advised not to do them yet. Because the phone could have been busted, and all you've heard eas the ringing. And the ringing. And the ringing. And nothing else, except your own scream. Imagine how many callers felt? But here was the real miracle. If you finally heardour receptionist lift up the receiver and say, "This is Kerygma office, may I help you?" we give you the go ahead signal to break down into joyful weeping and dance not only the boogie, byt the cha-cha and tango at the same time. Buy the ice cream we told you and fly off to Boracay. Because you beat the odds. You out-dialed thousands of callers.

Nowadays, I feel that Goes doesn't eat ice cream as often as He wants to. Because everytime He calls us, all He gets is the busy signal. Our hearts receive thousands of calls from our different affections, attachments and ambitions.

This is my suggestion. Keep the number of year heart secret. Between you and God. Please don't share it to the whole world. Let your deepest, most powerful affections be for Him. Alone. And then no one else will clog your line. Not your dreams. Or your idols. Or your other loves. God isn't on a diet. Let Him enjoy all the ice cream in the world.

--- Excerpts from You Cam Make Life Beautiful ---


Sometimes we become too busy that whenever God tries to call us just to talk, we never "hear the phone ringing" because we're too preoccupied with what we're currently doing. I'm guilty of this, too. When I was still studying, I was always thinking about the school and all the things I had to do for my classes. When one thing finished, I had to start with the other. Even though I was talking to Him, I was still preoccupied by the other things I had to worry about. Sinisingit ko pa rin. Kaya feeling ni Lord, pinabayaan na natin Siya, kasi di na natin Siya pinapansin. I realize now that I should have made the time and the effort to keep in touch with Him, just like the ways I keep in touch with my old friends. I should have made the effort when all He really wants from me is a little time and a little kwento. From now, I'm getting a "private phone line" and only God knows the number to it.

I went to lunch with Mel, Ida, Gulo and Yya yesterday. It's been 4 months since I last saw those girls! It was great fun and I'm glad we were able to spend time with each other even for a little while. Speaking of barkada, I talked to Macis the other day. We made plans to meet up (the whole TBC) on May 10 to plan our "reunion" and Ida's baby shower. Grabe. I can't believe she's giving birth on August! That's 4 months away!

I finally got the latest issue of Press. So many new and good albums available once again. Submitted pala my newest article last week to my editor. Can you believe I reviewed 3 CDs and 5 songs and 2 movies for next month's issue? For the June issue, I think I'm reviewing 2 CDs, some songs and 1 book. No movie for now, probably coz I haven't watched any new ones lately.
posted by Jax @ 7:11:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.