http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Tuesday, April 29, 2003
This is a new reflection from Fr. Jerry Orbos' book, Simple Moments Book III.

I am a very busy person, but I call my Mama everyday. What's three minutes or five minutes spent for someone who never counted the hours for me when I was a child? It's the least I can do to say thanks for all her love and care, and to let her know I really appreciate her, especially now that she is old.

Usually, it is the same questions and reminders over and over again: "Hello, Jerry? How are you? Your medicine? Are you eating well? Don't work too hard. Get enough sleep. O, sana maraming grasya!" To all these, I just smile and keep saying, "Yes, Ma!" enjoying the presence, the love, the concern of this woman I call Mama.

No big deal.
Call your Mama now.
Tawag na!

--- Simple Moments Book III, Fr. Jerry Orbos, SVD ---


I have a better relationship now with my mom than when I was still in high school (I have graduated from college already). Back in high school, I always thought of her as the one I should fear. I didn't tell her much about what was happening in school and in my life. That's what friends are there for. But slowly, especially in college, I started seeing my mom as a person and as a woman and that's when I started appreciating her as my mother. I talk to her about things that have been happening in my life and even my friends' life! She knows a lot about me now and she tries to tell me some stuff about her also. I don't think we'll ever be best friends, you know, but I'll still be there for her. I'd do anything for my mom.

What about you? What have you done for your mom lately? Have you talked to her lately about what's going on in your life?

***

A friend of mine sent a SARS advisory over e-mail today. Can't be too paranoid when it comes to SARS because once it hits you, there's no turning back! I'll try to post it here so you guys can protect yourselves from this dreaded virus. Meanwhile, you can visit the Center for Disease Control or the World Health Organization for more details. Check out this website also for answers to your SARS questions.

A couple of months ago, I was "commenting" on the fact that a lot of people I know are suddenly being diagnosed with cancer. And now an outbreak of a deadly virus (that's almost the same as the ebola virus featured in the movie Outbreak. hmmm...). You know what this means? It means we haven't been taking good care of ourselves. Cancer is diagnosed because we do not watch we eat, we do not stop ourselves from smoking, we do not think of preventing ourselves. SARS is contracted because one does not practice good and proper hygienic acts and does not make sure that they have a good immune system. You know, if we all just live a healthy lifestyle, where we watch we eat and we wash/sterilize/disinfect ourselves, we might be able to stop these dreadful diseases to multiply and spread all over the world.
posted by Jax @ 10:16:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.