http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Sunday, May 18, 2003
Last Friday, I didn't go to the gym because I had to pay several bills. Left the house around 11am because I had a hard time forcing myself to go. It was just so damn hot and I just wanted to lie down and just be inside an air-conditioned room. Grabe no. I had to go to Celebrity to pay some monthly dues and to request the reactivation of my mom's card. Then had to go to my mom's bank to deposit a check. Then went to my sister's accountant way over at Antipolo, Rizal, to get some forms for her TIN. Then had to go to Citibank in Libis to pay my mom's and my sister's credit card bills. Ate lunch at Libis na rin, at around 1p, at which point, I was very hungry and tired and bit, um, not good. But I couldn't go home yet. Still had to drop by Kodak in V. Luna to have some film developed. Good thing there was no traffic on the way home. Got home at around 3p, 4 hours later, and I was so damn tired. You'd think by that time I would be getting ready to rest. But no! I still had to go to SM to look for something and buy a gift for my dad's friend. Ack. Finally went home at around 7pm. Still didn't get to rest though because my two nephews were there and had to entertain them. Finally went up to my bedroom at around 930p to retire. Slept peacefully at 1030p. Thank goodness.

The sad thing about this was that what I did wasn't tiring. It was the day's weather that drowned out all of my energy. It was so damn hot! It was so hot, I think I could have cooked a lot of food on the streets. I actually thought I was melting from the heat. I mean, at one point, through all of this, I had to sit down because I was already getting dizzy from fatigue and I was afraid I was gonna faint right then and there, when I was alone. Geez.

Just when I thought I was gonna have some sort of "rest", I was wrong. Saturday morning. Had to wake up at 630 am so I could leave at 8am to go to the condo so I could let in some people into the unit to put up the remaining curtains. While they were busy doing that, I was sitting on the couch, sleeping. Hehe. Well, I was so tired and sleepy! Didn't want to bother them so I tried to catch some zzz's instead. Well, they all finished at 10:30a so went to Galleria to meet up with a friend before we went to out Movie Club discussion. Had lunch at Piadina where we ordered Pasta Scampi and Pizza Margherita, which I both recommend. By the time we paid for our food, it was just 12:30 and we had an hour to kill before our discussion so my friend and I shopped around muna. We looked around for sandals coz I needed some new sandals for the summer. Well, we were at Le Donne, checking all the LOW-price sandals and, as I was walking around the store, I heard this voice that I haven¡¦t heard for more than a year. Omigoodness! It was Mikki! Omigoodness. It was so good to see her again. She was trying on some sandals while I was talking to her and, when I looked down, I saw the most amazing sandals ever. Omigoodness. I just had to buy it. And I did!



And the good news is I bought them for more than half off! It was originally priced at P1195 but I only paid P349 for it! Can you say amazing?

Watched X-Men 2 yesterday (finally!) and I had the absolute greatest time! Way better than Matrix: Reloaded, it was a delight for me, being a fan of the X-Men comics. I actually took out my X-Men Age of Apocalypse collection. Gosh. I can't believe have had it for almost 8 years. Would you believe that just the X-Men Alpha and Omega comic books cost around P9000 already? Can¡¦t imagine how much the whole collection is gonna be worth now.

Went to this site called Death Clock and they can supposedly tell your personal day of death. According to the site, I will die on Saturday, March 17, 2074 and I have approximately 2,235,153,960 seconds to live. Well, I don't believe in it. And I don't know if I'll die on that day or even tomorrow but you know what I realized when I saw that? Every second is precious. Don't waste a second of your life on something so useless. We don't even know when that second will be taken away from us. That's why it's very important that we always live our lives to the fullest. We should never waste one second on something so pointless that it contributes nothing to our being. Do everything you love and love every second doing it.

I can't believe that May will end in two weeks. Summer vacation's about to end. Well, personally, I¡¦m looking forward to going back to school and the good thing about it is I am! But this is scary. Leaving to live on my own is scary, what more if it's living on my own in a different country? Scary! But I'm excited about it. It may give me a chance to discover myself without inhibitions and limitations. And it¡¦ll give me a chance to discover a new culture.

My cousin's wedding is going to be on Wednesday already. I'll be a part of the entourage (secondary sponsor - cord) and I'm not really excited about it. I don't know why. I'm just not.

This week's friday five:

1. What drinking water do you prefer -- tap, bottle, purifier, etc.? purified, distilled water, like Absolute and Agua Vida
2. What are your favorite flavor of chips? BBQ, Taco and Salsa Verde
3. Of all the things you can cook, what dish do you like the most? Menudo
4. How do you have your eggs? Scrambled
5. Who was the last person who cooked you a meal? How did it turn out? Our cook. She cooked pork chops with soy sauce and put in potatoes and green peas. It was ok. A bit dry but will do.

This week's Weekly Wrap-up:
1. Do you like rain? Why or why not? It's ok when I¡¦m staying inside. But when I'm not in the house, I hate it.
2. As a child, what did you do when it rained? I played under the rain and just got myself wet.
3. What is currently your favorite rainy day activity? Why? Sleeping. Rainy weather makes me sleepy.
4. Describe the best rainy day experience you've ever had. When it rained when I was still a kid, I went out to play under it, with no protective gear on. It was like a swimming pool without the pool but with all the water.
5. Suggest a good video/DVD rental for a rainy day. Why did you pick this movie? I never really thought about it. But a good movie to watch would be a good action film, like Star Wars or Braveheart or Gladiator so I have a reason to keep the volume up high: I can't hear the sound because of the rain!

posted by Jax @ 1:38:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.