http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Wednesday, January 19, 2005
A New Post
Did you know? Daphne correctly guessed all the lies posted here!

Galing!

O sige, let me reveal the lies na.

1. I love to drink coffee. I drink mostly black coffee with brown sugar. I don't drink espresso and milk because I don't like a lot of milk in my coffee. I only drink, besides black, a latte but only because it has more espresso than milk in it.

Hello. Obviously true. And yes, I do drink black coffee mostly. And just with brown sugar because white sugar gives me bad headaches. And yes a latte is the only other choice I make because it has more espresso in it than a cappuccino.

2. I am 5'7" tall. In fact, I have no problem buying jeans since they fit me to a T.

One of my biggest frustrations in life. And no, I am not 5'7" tall. I am only at the most 5 feet in height. And it's hard for me to find the perfect jeans because most of the time, I have to have the length altered so I can wear them without having to fold the ends of the legs.

3. I am passionate about movies, enough to pursue a living out of it. Right now, I am on leave from film school but I will go back to it.

True. I am an MFA student at the Academy of Art University at San Francisco, CA. But I am on leave for a couple of semesters so I can concentrate on work here. For now. Hopefully, I will be able to go back to school next year.

4. I want to experience living in London sometime in the future. I love the whole experience of London and it's something really, really new.

Au and Jo can attest to this (I think). I've wanted to live in London ever since I visited the place around 2 1/2 years ago. There's just something in the city that leaves me peaceful yet wanting. And it doesn't hurt that the men in this city are just - hot!

5. I have 20/20 vision.

I haven't had 20/20 vision in more than 12 years.

6. I am the middle child of 12 kids. I have three older brothers, three older sisters, two younger sisters and three younger brothers.

Wrong. I am the youngest of four kids. I have two older brothers and one older sister. When I was younger though, I kept asking my mom for a little brother or a little sister. They just laughed at me. From then on, I told myself I will have lots of kids. Ideally, I want to have 12 kids, with boys AND girls. Realistically and practically, I want to have six kids.

7. I consider Pedro Almodovar and Steven Soderbergh as some of my idols. They are geniuses, IMO.

True. No words can describe their greatness.

8. I am allergic to all kinds of seafoods.

The only thing I am allergic to is pennicillin. Crabs are my absolute favorite!

9. I am a big, big fan of the WWE, particularly Edge, and especially, always, Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

I've said it over and over again. WWE is the only program I watch on TV regularly.

10. I have sworn off drinking any kind of soda.

For almost three years now.

***


Only a little more than three months to go before Cha and Jovan's wedding on May 7, 2005!

***


What? Is this true? There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? *gasp*

Truly?

So you spent all those money and spared all those lives for nothing?

Oh that's bad. That's really, really bad.

***


The 2005 Golden Globes concluded last Sunday (Monday in Manila), with The Aviator, Sideways and Million Dollar Baby getting a lot of the awards. I cannot comment on this personally since none of these movies have been shown here. I'm excited to see Sideways though.

Natalie Portman was a surprise win. A lot of times, voters opted for the mature actors to win over the younger ones. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve the award (I wouldn't know since I haven't watched the movie yet), it's just surprising, that's all.

Another surprising win was Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor's screenplay for Sideways. I was expecting Charlie Kaufman to win this award. Sideways must really be special to win Best Screenplay AND Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy.

An unexpected (and not in a good way) win was Best Television Series - Drama for Nip/Tuck. I cannot stand this show. I think it is the most boring show ever. So why did it win? Please enlighten me.

And when will Sean Hayes win an award for Will & Grace?

Up next: the Oscars and BAFTA

I have a question though. Why is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban nominated for Outstanding British Film of the Year? Aren't there any more British films that came out last year?
posted by Jax @ 12:49:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.