| Saturday, December 11, 2004
| A Year-Ender Survey
|1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
* become a barista
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
* i just tell myself to always be patient and less judgmental every year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
* my cousin's wife gave birth to my goddaughter
4. Did anyone close to you die?
* my grandma died but we're not that close
5. What countries did you visit?
* i went to Singapore and Malaysia.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
* more patience
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
* January 1, 2004 - the day a new year began
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
* topping the barista training
9. What was your biggest failure?
* i don't really know because every supposed failure have turned out to help out a success in another
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
* i was stressed most of the time but i did not suffer from any long illness or injury though
11. What was the best thing you bought?
* my black shoes for work
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
* my nephew
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
* Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (as usual)
14. Where did most of your money go?
* the out-of-town trips and most basic necessities
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
* going to Singapore and Malaysia with my cousin and my sister
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
* "Some Kind of Wonderful" by Joss Stone
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? pretty much the same
iii. richer or poorer? poorer definitely
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
* write more
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
* spend money
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
* with my family, probably here in Manila for the first time in years
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
* does Josh Hartnett count? No? Then no.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
* will always be WWE
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
* i don't think so
26. What was the best book you read?
* Lost in Translation by Nicole Mones, Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier, The Hours by Michael Cunningham, Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier and Secret History by Donna Tart
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
* Lisa Ono and Vienna Teng
28. What did you want and got?
* my cafe
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
* Polar Express
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
* i had a day at the spa, dinner with my family and my cellphone on silent mode. quietest birthday ever. i was 24
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
* if our store had opened at the last quarter of the year
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
* colorful, confident and laidback
34. What kept you sane?
* coffee, movies, books, music
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
* Josh Hartnett
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
* Philippine elections last May
37. Who did you miss?
* Eileen, Ekay, Den, Pat - all the people who left for another country this year
38. Who was the best new person you met?
* Kris, Joey, Honey, Eyes
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
* God will always know what's best for us.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
* No regrets / they don't work / No regrets / they only hurt
|posted by Jax @ 5:14:00 PM