| Thursday, October 30, 2003
I am getting back to my cheezy ways.
Yes, I am watching telenovelas once again. I am watching Darating Ang Umaga again. I am watching Meteor Garden Season 2 again. Goodness.
I'm 22 years old (23 in 6 days!) and you know what I noticed? To quote Nicoffeine, I'm becoming an old fart way ahead of schedule.
Lately, I found myself drawn to the music "old farts" love. Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, Nina Simone. I found myself drawn to music people my age would deem boring. I even found myself drawn to movies that were made decades before I was even born.
My point? Nothing. I just wanted to visualize my realization: that I'm becoming an old fart 30 years early.
But in the tradition of Nick Hornby and High Fidelity (have you guys read this? one of the coolest books ever!),
my first five songs for videoke
1. Di Ba't Ikaw - Jessa Zaragoza
2. Sometimes - Britney Spears
3. The Actor - Michael Learns to Rock
4. Please Mr. Postman - The Carpenters
5. Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
These five songs are dedicated to my ever-so-adoring fans, Nicoffeine, Gulo and Yya.
(Favorite songs are not really meant to be sung at a videoke bar. When in a videoke bar, the cheezier the song, the better!)
I just saw the teaser for the new Chinovela of ABS-CBN, Girls Marching On. It looks fun and I probably have something new to watch.
And then I saw the date.
And then I realized.
Is Tabing Ilog over?
And in the tradition of Friendster, here is another survey. *big grin*
1. WHAT'S THE STORY BEHIND YOUR NAME?
i was named after an angel, a Charlie's Angel, Jaclyn Smith.
2. NAME FIVE  OF YOUR FAVORITE PIG-OUT FOODS.
Mikasan choco flakes, Oreos, Nescafe Hazelnut Frothe
3. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A MAKEOVER?
4. NAME ALL MEMBERS OF THE BEATLES.
John, Paul, George and Ringo.
5. WHAT'S THE LONGEST TIME YOU'VE STAYED OUT OF THE COUNTRY/WHERE?
the US I think. stayed there for about 2 months.
6. ONE THING YOU'RE GRATEFUL FOR, TODAY.
Halloween. I love buying candies for the trick-or-treaters!
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL MEMORY?
everything that includes my barkada and 3-4-2
8. WHAT IS THE MOST INSANE THING YOU'VE DONE FOR/TO YOUR CRUSH THAT HE/SHE MIGHT NOT/MIGHT KNOW ABOUT?
oh he knows. thats all im gonna say.
9. DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM WEDDING.
ill have it either at caleruega or at the Shrine sa may Bay Gardens sa Roxas Blvd. ill have a filipiniana theme. with men wearing barongs and the ladies in my entourage wearing baro't sayas. there'll be pina sashes everywhere. no sampaguitas. daisies probably. something simple. motif: white and gold? i dont know yet. but it'll be pure and simple so white will still be there. haven't thought too much about it yet. all i know is i want a filipiniana theme.
10. WOULD YOU EVER JOIN TEMPTATION ISLAND?
11. NAME THREE  TEACHERS YOU LIKED IN HIGH SCHOOL/ELEMENTARY.
Nanay Dette Windsor, Miss Paguio, Sir Dennis/Sir Dante
12. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE QUOTE? WHAT IS IT?
"Why settle for second best when you can have more?"
"Kung gusto, maraming paraan. Kung ayaw, maraming dahilan."
13. MY FIRST HEARTBREAK HAPPENED WHEN I:
i dont want to analyze.
14. THE SCHOOL PICTURE YOU BURIED IN YOUR BOTTOM DRAWER?
i dont have any school pictures buried in my bottom drawer. the school pictures that i wanna forget are scattered all over my room but i only like looking at my HS and college pictures. forget about my GS pictures.
15. DO YOU HAVE ANY WEIRD PREFERENCES? WHAT ARE THEY?
i dont know. do i have any?
16. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?
17. WHO IS YOUR BEST FRIEND?
18. NAME ONE TV CHARACTER YOU'D MOST WANT TO BE.
19. IF YOU WERE FAMOUS, AND WERE TO BE A GUEST ON A TALK SHOW, WHOSE SHOW WOULD YOU CHOOSE? WHY?
Oprah. Sure fire way to promote my new book. Because Oprah will buy copies of my book for everyone in her audience. Instant profit! Hehe.
20. GIVE YOURSELF A PORN STAR NAME.
I have na. Buttercup Tenderbuns. Hehe.
21. DO YOU HAVE ANY WEIRD SLEEPING HABITS?
I have to be surrounded by pillows.
22. WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO DO THIS SUMMER?
Leave for the US finally.
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG RIGHT NOW?
"I'll Start With Me" by Alice Peacock and "Englishman in NY" by Sting (I think)
24. WRITE A LINE FROM ANY SONG.
"I'm in love with the world through the eyes of a girl" - Say Yes by Elliott Smith
25. DO YOU KNOW AT LEAST ONE DISNEY SONG BY HEART? WHICH ONE?
I used to know the songs from Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid by heart. Pero that was a long time ago. Now, siguro Part of Your World na lang.
26. DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM HOUSE.
Traditional Pinoy pa rin with pinoy (i.e. wooden) furniture with two requirements: a big big backyard for my kids and a big theater for my movie viewing pleasure
27. YOUR TYPICAL SLEEPWEAR:
shorts and shirt
28. WHAT'S IN YOUR BAG?
My wallet, mobile phone, chapstick, lipstick, compact, mint candies, tissue, Gatsby, calling cards, rosary, ballpen, small notebook
29. WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET?
cash plus coins, some IDs, pictures, receipts and papers
30. HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR WALLET RIGHT NOW?
70 pesos, plus around 30 pesos worth of coins
31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PAIR OF SHOES?
my brown calf-length boots I bought in the US for $75 and my brown midlength boots that I also bought in the US for $59. A bit expensive but both are worth every penny! I do everything in them and they go with all of my clothes!
32. IF YOU COULD'VE GONE TO YOUR PROM IN A DIFFERENT OUTFIT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The gown I wore during my graduation ball.
33. HOW WAS YOUR PROM?
boring. but my grad ball was a blast!
34. TELL US ABOUT ANY OF YOUR BIRTHDAYS.
its the day i get a year older. and that days coming up soon.
35. WOULD YOU RATHER BE A HOBBIT, AN ELF OR A DWARF?
elf. they're so beautiful and swift and elegant and wise.
36. WHAT ARE THE FIRST FIVE THINGS YOU WOULD SPLURGE ON IF YOU WERE A BILLIONAIRE?
dvds, books, music CDs, clothes, donate to my favorite charities
37. WHAT IS YOUR DAILY BEFORE-GOING-TO-BED RITUAL?
brush my teeth, wash my face, apply mask on my face, read a book, take off the mask, put my mobile on silent mode, sleep
38. WHAT IS THE WEIRDEST/FUNNIEST NICKNAME ANYONE HAS EVER CALLED YOU?
Karla used to call me Jackalope in grade school. Even til now. Ida calls me Jackloyd.
39. NAME THREE  OF YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON CHARACTERS.
Donkey (Shrek), Spike (Land Before Time), Maggie (The Simpsons)
40. WHAT ARE THE MAGAZINES YOU READ ON A REGULAR BASIS?
Press, Yes (hehe. chismosa), Kerygma, Tinig.com
|posted by Jax @ 5:27:00 AM