http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Monday, October 20, 2003
Musings, Baguio, Superblessed, Alice Peacock and ABCs
Sometimes I wonder if I'm calling myself a Catholic for granted. I seem to find myself working hard to keep my faith. But then I remember that nothing in life is easy. And it is true. We have to work hard to get what we want. Being Catholic and believing in God takes a lot of patience but I am willing to do anything for Him. He is my God and I love Him so much! I'm really glad that I came back to Him.

***

I came back from Baguio yesterday afternoon. Baguio was so fun! And so cold! Bought choco flakes and ube jam again! Yum yum! And I bought this amazing skirt from ukay-ukay for only P80! Amazing! Oh and I saw three college friends there. What's funny about it was that we never saw each other in Manila. We always texted each other but can never seem to meet up. We saw each other sa Camp John Hay while shopping. It was so good to see them. Hope we can meet up again soon.

***

There are times when I know people are here, lurking or making their presence known. There are times when I wonder if people even come here. And then there are times when you know you are appreciated. This is one of those times.

Ganns has released the nominations for the Superblessed.net Christian Blog Awards 2003. And Jax Place, yes, this place, has been nominated for 2 awards. This is really very special to me since I look up to Ganns as a brother in Christ. He inspires me to be the person that I can be. And when the going gets tough, I look at him and I realize that giving up hope is never the option. That there are so many great things to celebrate in this world. That is why this nomination is doubly special to me.

Thanks, Ganns!

Hike on over to Superblessed and check out the other nominees. To tell you the truth, there are only 3 blogs there that I know of and go to.

*Rick, who has amazing photos every time he posts something.
*Sue, who has amazing insights the stuff she encounters everyday.
*Darren, who is establishing an emerging in Melbourne, Australia.

Anyway, go check them out and vote for the People's Choice Awards at Superblessed!

***

Last summer, I asked people for names of singers they liked since I was looking for new people and music to listen to. One of the names that came up was Alice Peacock. I started downloading her songs and I loved her instantly.

When I saw her CD being sold at Tower Records in Megamall, I quickly grabbed it and paid for it and have been listening to it non-stop. Well I found out today that she might be coming here in November! I'm so excited!

***

ABCs about me. Have fun!

A - Age: 22 for 15 more days
B - Boyfriend: God
C - Chore you hate: Cooking. coz I can't!
D - Dad's name: Nitoy
E - Essential make up item: Chapstick and Body Lip & Cheek Tint
F - Favourite actress: Drew Barrymore
G - Gold or silver: Silver
H - Hometown: QC
I - Instruments you play: None. :)
J - Job title: full-time freelance writer
K - Kids: i want at least 2 but not more than 6
L - Living arrangements: i live in a house with my family
M - Mom's name: Jenny
N - Number of people you've slept with: none
O - Overnight hospital stays: none. well unless you count the time when i was born
P - Phobia: dont like snakes
Q - Quote you like: 2 Chronicles 7:14
T - Time you wake up? 8am to 9am
U - Unique habit: i dont know if i have one
V - Vegetable you refuse to eat: ampalaya and pumpkin
W - Worst habit: i dont know.
X - X-rays you've had: for my teeth and a chest x-ray
Y - Yummy food you make: mango float
Z - Zodiac Sign: scorpio
posted by Jax @ 5:02:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.