http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Monday, October 13, 2003
revelations?
Took a career test c/o MSN and I found out the perfect careers for me are the following:

*special education teacher
*alcohol and drug addiction counselor
*diversity manager/trainer
*speech/language pathologist
*career counselor
*therapist
*director of religious education
*editor/art director
*writer

Wow. An alcohol and drug addiction counselor? Hmm. Never crossed my mind.

Oh, and it turns out I'm an INFJ (Intravert, Intuitive, Feeler, Judger) person. I must say I always thought of myself as an extrovert.

It says:

People of this type tend to be creative, original and independent; thoughtful, warm and sensitive; global thinkers with great passion for their unique vision; cautious, deliberate and planful; organized, productive and decisive; reserved and polite.

The most important things to INFJs are their ideas, and being faithful to their vision.


Sounds a lot like me.

***

Was able to watch The Magdalene Sisters by Peter Mullan earlier today at SM Megamall.

It's a very confusing film. Well, confusing for me. I'd like to set aside the fact that the film is set in a Catholic nuns convent. People should learn from this movie. Whether people we have condemned or judged truly deserve to be judged like that.

Technically, it's a wonderful film. Except for the ending. I think Peter Mullan built up the story so much in the beginning that he had a hard time thinking of something that people will always remember the ending. Well, I guess that happened but it doesn't work for me.

I just have major issues with the story. I guess I can't just accept that that's what happened. It's only one side of the story. As a Catholic, it's a very disturbing film about abuse and discrimination. But as a movie critic, it's an exceptional and eye-opening film.

***

Went to Powerbooks awhile ago and a bought a copy of Steve Martin's Shopgirl. Critics have been raving about it and, well, since it's only P265, I decided to see if the book's really all that. Will let all of you know in about two weeks when I finish Rudy Giuliani's book and probably ROTK.
posted by Jax @ 5:29:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.