http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Wednesday, August 20, 2003
events
Last night, Sanggu 2002 people met for the first time, for some of us, in more than a year. Despite the rains, all 12 (?) of us trooped to Powerplant Mall in Makati to get together and say goodbye properly to Billie (who is leaving for the US on the 24th) and to Den (who is leaving for Australia on the 28th). It was just sad that the reason we agreed to meet for dinner was because someone was leaving. Well we caught up with each other's lives and it felt so good to finally do that after so long.

All of us used to work for Sanggunian 2002 of the Ateneo 2 years ago. We were always with each other that whole year. We had our own office, which was huge. Despite long breaks, nobody got to study there since we can always find someout to talk to there. It was just one entire bonding session for all of us. From around 9am to 6p everyday, we would spend it there at the Sanggu Rm, except during classes. And to top that off, we had weekly meetings every Friday night, from 6p to God knows when, which we end with a dinner together. It was chaos personified. And it doesn't end there. We still spend some weekends together coz sometimes that's when we really work on our different projects.

I've developed a close friendship with a lot of them because I spent a lot of time with them that year. And I missed that. That became evident when I saw them again last night. I went home an hour later since I didn't want to go home because I still wanted to spend more time with them. I spent one of the best years of my life with them. When I needed someone, they were there. They were just the perfect medicine that the doctor recommended.

And now, we're all "growing up" one by one. I mean, some of us are already leaving. Billie's off to the US, Den's off to Australia, even Leeyaj (another colleague) is in Singapore! And next year, Pat is thinking of leaving for the US. Hay. I guess we got to live our own lives at some point. It's just sad that we rarely get to see and talk to each other anymore.

***

On a happier note, I finally saw my latest goddaughter, Alexandra Sophia Dato or Alex for short. She's so tiny! I took some pictures of her but it's on my phone and I don't really know how to upload it here. Does anyone know? Anyway, she is the tiniest thing I've ever seen but still malikot.

I asked Ida how it feels to be a mom now. And she said she still cannot imagine she's already a mom. Me too, I think.

***

Calling poets, essayist, short story writers, playwrights!

I need literary pieces. Anyone interested? I can't pay you yet. I can only give you the satisfaction of being published. Are you still there? Still interested? Send me your resume and writing samples to jtabergas@yahoo.com. Thanks! And spread the word!
posted by Jax @ 7:36:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.