http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Wednesday, August 13, 2003
prayers and all that
I am watching Myx Live right now featuring the Apo Hiking Society. I love this group! They popularized songs such as Batang-Bata Ka Pa, Awit ng Barkada, Ewan and When I Met You. They said that they wanted to become the Beatles of the Philippines but in my opinion they were better than the Beatles. I guess the reason I like them is because their songs are very diverse. Sometimes they may sing about love but they also sing about friendships, families and other topics. It's always a refreshing break from all the broken and unrequited love songs and angsty songs out there.

***

After years of searching and discovering, I finally realize what it is to have faith and to have faith in God. For me, having faith in God means that I am willing and able to live and fight for God. When I had doubt about God in the past, it was because I did not believe that He was capable of doing everything for everyone. I was arrogant enough to believe that there is something better for me out there when it (my faith) was always in my heart and in me all along. Susan actually explains it very well.

Sometimes I wish that my friends and I all share the same kind of faith because I, personally, am happy with this feeling. But we don't. Some of them believe in a different kind of faith and some do not share the same priority towards their beliefs. It doesn't matter really. What matters only is that they are happy, no matter what they choose.

Right now, I am making a double effort to never think ill of anyone, not to judge people and to always think positive. It's hard but I'm doing my best to live my life for God.

***

All systems go for Spill and right now we're trying to make a mock-up issue of the magazine. Hopefully, everything will go as planned. Please pray for us!

***

I talked to my mom this morning and she said that my dad was okay with me going to the United Kingdom to study there. So I told my mom about this school in London that had a 1-year scriptwriting program. And my mom told me to look for more schools coz it'll be worth it if I study there for around 2 years since I was already there. And I was all ecstatic inside. So I went looking for schools a while ago and I found around 4-5 schools in London. I'm so excited!

***

I was reading Trisha's latest post and I started getting giddy all over coz she was talking about weddings. Ay goodness. Sometimes I wish I was already 30 (my marrying age) so I could plan my wedding already. I was reading this wedding magazine that my mom bought. And I just want to go to all the shops there and pretend I was getting married already and that I was canvassing just so I can experience how it feels to plan my own wedding you know. Hay. Only problem is I still have no groom. If only - never mind!

***

Finding Nemo officially opens today in Manila and I have yet to watch it. A lot of people have watched it and are raving about it. I can't wait to watch it! I'm watching it on Friday with my sister-in-law and her two kids and well, I just hope I'll be able to concentrate on the movie. Her two kids (my nephews and godsons) are 5 and 2 and well they can be very "talkative". Well just Karlo, the five-year-old. I like to concentrate when I'm watching a movie that's why I prefer watching movies alone so I could focus on it. But that never happens when I watch with Karlo. He tends to talk at the most inappropriate times. Oh well, what can I do? He's just a kid. Oh, the sacrifices I have to make because I want to spend time with my nephews.

***

Speaking of godsons, I haven't visited and seen my newest goddaughter yet. I've been meaning to visit Ida and her baby but I haven't found the time yet. Hopefully I can visit her next week before they eventually move to Makati.
posted by Jax @ 7:22:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.