http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Sunday, June 18, 2006
These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things
I just added a neocounter here and found out I have visitors, not just from the Philippines and the US but, from the UK, Chile, Greece and other countries.

And I'd like to hear from all of you. From all the people I know (bloggers already linked to this place) to people I haven't heard from yet. Let's start a discussion. We may agree or disagree. But hey! If we all just agreed, then life will probably be a bit dull.

I want you to guys to answer a few questions just to get the ball rolling. You can answer it in your own places (let me know if you did!) or you can answer it here. I would prefer you answer it here so that we can have a lively discussion.

1. What is your all-time favorite movie? You can have one, you can have three, you can have ten, you can even have a hundred. But for space purposes, let's limit it to 3.
2. What is your all-time favorite book? Again, let's limit it to 3.
3. What is your all-time favorite song?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world (aside from where you are living now and/or your country of citizenship), where would you go?
5. What would you rather be doing right now?


***


I'll start the ball rolling.

1. What is your all-time favorite movie?

Hihintayin Kita Sa Langit

It's a Filipino movie from the early '90s I believe, directed by Carlitos Siguion-Reyna and starring Richard Gomez and Dawn Zulueta. I was about 12 years old when I first watched the film. I was a pre-teen schoolgirl, not knowing anything about love. And this to me, represented everything there is about romantic love. They defied the odds for love. They went through hell and back together. It is unlike the love story movies in the present because it was all so real. Love story movies nowadays seem fake. But this was very raw and became very real. Just writing about this movie is quietly tugging at my heart a bit. There was never a question of realism or unrealism in this movie. It's overrated yet underrated. It made me want to love and to love with all my heart.

2. What is your all-time favorite book?

That would have to be Jhumpa Lahiri's "Interpreter Of Maladies".

I confess. I only knew of this book's existence, not because I knew it was a Pulitzer Prize winner for 2000 but, because my crush, at that time, recommended it. *insert girly giggle here* Since he was a writer and editor, I trusted his word. And good thing I did. It's the one book that I read, not just every year but, four to five times a year. I recommend it to everyone I know. I've even written about it here in several posts already. It's short, straight-to-the-point and just real. The book is locally available at Fully Booked, on Amazon, and Barnes & Noble, in case you're interested.

3. What is your all-time favorite song?

The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice

It's very, very haunting and very sad. And it gets really emotional every time I listen to it but I can never let it go.

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I thought this was gonna be easy (United Kingdom) but I'm having second thoughts. Is it the easy way out? Is this where I really want to be? I guess home is still where the heart is. And in that case, my heart is in Manila.

But if I could, there are three places I'd love to make my home: London, England, Chester, England and San Francisco, California.

5. What would you rather be doing right now?

I'd rather be in bed right now. Particularly a hotel bed in another country (Singapore or London, perhaps?). I've said it before and I'll say it again. I need a vacation.

***


What about you guys? You can answer these questions in your own blogs, or you can answer it here using the comment boxes.

Labels: ,

posted by Jax @ 7:05:00 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    Hey there Jax, thanks for the great comments on my blog, I really appreciate any and all feedback! Also congrats on your 3+ years of blogging, I'm in awe!
    Here are my "favorite things"

    1) Fav Movie: "Me & You & Everyone We Know", it's a great independent film with high quality acting, writing and cinematography. It's a quirky film about life and it's many surprises.

    2)Fav Book: "White Noise" by Don Delillo, I never quite understood the concept of postmodernism until I read this incredible novel!

    3)Fav Song: "From The Morning" by Nick Drake, perfect. Thats the only word I can think of to describe it. I also enjoy "The Blower's Daughter" , i've seen Damien Rice live twice now and he wows me every time!

    4)Fav Place: I live in Canada and I love it here, but if I could visit anywhere it would probably be France, my father grew up there and I would love to see what he experienced!

    5) What I'd Rather Be Doing: I'd rather be in a band making great music, than writing a blog about bands who make great music!

    Thanks again for the comment and keep up your very personal and insightful blog, I enjoy it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.