http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Chicago Style Deep-Dish Pizza
yummy...

I love food. I wouldn't be working in this industry if I didn't. And everytime anything about food is being shown on the Travel and Living Channel, I always watch it (except if they're featuring something that I don't like).

And last night, I was watching an old show featuring the best pizzas in the US. I love pizza. There aren't too many places in the Philippines where I can get great pizzas but I still love eating it.

I hate watching that particular episode though because they keep featuring this pizza that I know I will never get to taste unless I go to Chicago or Berkeley. It's the Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza.

AND I WANT TO BRING IT HERE TO THE PHILIPPINES.

This is probably the only food I want to make a business of that I haven't tried yet. But it's a different concept of pizza and something that's never been tried here in the Philippines. Not yet, I think.

But anyway, yeah. I want to bring it here. I want to make it a hit here. But I need to know if people will buy it. A 10-inch pizza could cost around P1000 to P1500. With a height of 4 to 5 inches, will you buy it? Each slice is equivalent to about 2 to 3 slices of a regular pizza and a 10-inch deep dish pizza can feed at least 6 people probably.

Will you buy it? Please let me know!

Labels:

posted by Jax @ 6:39:00 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Jovan Puyo said…

    I remember Shakey's offered Chicago deep-dish pizza before. It didn't fly. But that's probably because Pinoy's back then aren't familiar with deep-dish pizzas or they're content with just their Pizza Hut Pan Pizzas or Shakey's thin crust. I haven't noticed if it's still in their menu.

     
  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger D@phneL@ur@ said…

    I've tasted Chicago style deep dish pizza in the past. But honestly I prefer my pizza to have thin crust. As for the price you are suggesting, I think it is a bit exorbitant and it might not sell well. People tend to try out a new product for curiousity's sake but after a while they will go back to their original and tested products.

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Aura said…

    Mmm....Chicago style deep-dish pizza. It's really good when done right. I've had an authentic one, when we passed through Chicago years ago. Soooo good. These days, whenever I have a craving for one, I just go to a restaurant here called BJ's. That's their specialty. I like NY style pizza too (thin-crust). I think it depends on your mood, if you want a snack, go for the thin-crust, but if you want it as a meal, go for the deep-dish.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.