http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
AI Best and Worst Performances
TOP 10 PERFORMANCES FROM AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 5

10. Bucky Covington, Superstition
This is, I believe, Bucky's performance that made me believe he was good enough to be in the finals. He performed well in the semifinals but that was because he did his own thing from his comfort zone. This time he did his own thing with a Stevie Wonder song. And it wasn't so bad.

9. Gedeon McKinney, When A Man Loves A Woman
I wanted Gedeon to be part of the Top 12. And why not with this performance? He, together with Paris Bennett, set himself apart from the other teenagers in the Top 24 and told us he was ready for the big guns.
Too bad a lot of people didn't think so. I hope to hear more from him in the future though.

8. Paris Bennett, These Foolish Things
Classic. I have this on repeat. This is the stuff she should include in her album.

7. Katherine McPhee, Come Rain Or Come Shine
This is, IMO, who Katherine really is.

6. Taylor Hicks, Livin' For The City
This is just the start of things to come.

5. Paris Bennett, Fever
Everybody, I believe, was blown away by this performance, including Barry Manilow. Who would have thought such a small girl can have such a big voice?

4. Elliott Yamin, A Song For You
This is the performance that made everyone stand up and take notice of him.

3. Mandisa, I'm Every Woman
I loved Mandisa in the semifinals but forgot about her during the finals because, I believe, she didn't give stronger performances.

2. Elliott Yamin, Trouble
Simon Cowell said it. With this performance, Elliott showed star power. He wasn't able to top this performance but it gave him the confidence he needed and he realized that he can actually do it.

1. Taylor Hicks, You're Beautiful
This was the performance that sealed it for me. When he sang this during the Top 3 week, I knew he was going to win it all. You know how some people can describe a great performance technically? I was at
a loss for words with this one. It was just so great that it just took my breath away. And it definitely was his best performance in the competition.

10 WORST PERFORMANCES OF AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 5

10. Bobby Bennett, Copacabana
Copacabana? It may be a good song. But it's not for AI.

9. David Radford, The Way You Look Tonight
I love this song. But Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra, you are not.

8. Paris Bennett, How Do I Live
This was her only performance where I felt she was uncomfortable singing it.

7. Chris Daughtry, A Little Less Conversation
He was flat until about 5 seconds before the song ended. What could be worse than that? His ridiculously transparent shirt. Eww.

6. Katherine McPhee, Can't Help Falling In Love
She oversang it. Nuff said.

5. Melissa McGhee, Lately
I like this girl's voice but she forgot her lyrics. Unforgivable.

4. Katherine McPhee, My Destiny
She was just all over the place, man.

3. Kellie Pickler, Bewitched, Bothered, Bewildered
In Kellie's own words, she "butchered it". She did. She didn't want to sing the song and we all felt it.

2. Kellie Pickler, Unchained Melody
She was off-key throughout almost the entire song. It was just painful to hear.

1. Ace Young, We Will Rock You
No one ever chooses to perform "We Will Rock You" and jazzes it up. Never. Because it never should be done. Because this is Queen and this is "We Will Rock You". Got that? Good.

These are mine. What are yours?

Labels:

posted by Jax @ 2:29:00 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger KAI said…

    I agree and disagree on some, but I love your BEST, hehe. I would have said "Something" though, it was severely underrated. But good choices! Anyway, I'm just a random passerby. Have a nice day! (:

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.