http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Sunday, June 04, 2006
8 Things
Tagged by Mela

Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a blog with 8 facts/things/habits about yourself, saying who tagged you. In the end you need to choose the 6 people to be tagged and list their names. No tag backs.

1. I've been drinking coffee since I was 15 years old. I tried to quit when I was a freshman in college. But that only last a couple of months and I just went back to drinking coffee again. It's been 8 years and I haven't stopped since. In fact, if I don't drink coffee even for a couple of hours, I start getting jittery all over.

2. I am bibliophile. I have been collecting and reading books since I was 9 years old (back when a P250 book now only costs about P35 back then). Back then, I collected mostly books from the Sweet Valley series, Ann M. Martin books, Beverly Cleary books which evolved eventually to Jane Austen classics, Christopher Pike series, Fear Street series, VC Andrews books. And now at 25, 14 years later, I hope that my literary choices have matured just as I have matured. There's books by Douglas Coupland, Nick Hornby, Jodi Picoult, Jhumpa Lahiri, Richard Russo, Donna Tartt. But you know, all work and no play makes Jaq a very dull girl. But instead of reading young adult books, I'm reading its counterpart: chick lit! Jane Green and Marian Keyes are my favorite chick lit authors.

3. A lot of people already know this. I love, love, love everything British. Well probably not everything. I went to Britain a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. I just loved it. My goal now is to go back and spend a couple of months there. And it doesn't hurt that British men are hot!

4. I am addicted to shopping. It doesn't matter what I buy as long as I am buying something. Although I am partial to buying books, CDs, bags and shoes. Tragic, I know.

5. It annoys me endlessly when people do not make an effort to understand when I do it myself. And when I tell them I don't do this or that, they say "Since when?" Um, probably about 3 years and counting. Seriously. Hello? Don't you notice anything else but yourselves? Oh that's right. You thrive on gossip.

6. I am a very frustrated singer. But that doesn't stop me from loving my music. I will listen to anything and everything for the first time. But it takes a lot more to keep me hooked. I am currently loving the music of Camera Obscura, Iron and Wine, Marvin Gaye, Billie Holiday, Queen, Belle and Sebastian, Itchyworms, Pupil, two Idols (Taylor Hicks and Elliott Yamin) and a whole lot more. I always go to Tower Records and Music One because they have an almost complete collection there. I loathe going to Odyssey because it is just a music store pretending to be a music store. They only carry Top 40. And not even the good ones. So frustrating!

7. I hate, hate, hate people who constantly compare us to Starbucks and think that we are inferior to them just because we are new. Starbucks does not equal coffee people! And besides, Starbucks coffee isn't that good, you know. They're just good marketers. And it would do you good to try something new for a change you know.

8. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am in dire need of a vacation! I am longing to go out of the country just so I can forget about work. Being in the Philippines, no matter where I am in it, will always remind me of work. I need five straight days of no-thinking-of-work! I hope my plans of going to Bangkok this August pushes through!

Tagging: I know it's just supposed to be 8 but everyone do this! And do let me know so I can read your 8 things.

Labels:

posted by Jax @ 10:17:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.