http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Mister Donut, AI, Oprah and the girl who ate pencil shavings
Did you hear about the teacher who made her student eat pencil shavings as a punishment for "misbehaving" in class? As a result of this "punishment", the student died of acute tonsilitis. The student was only eight years old, with her whole life ahead of her. According to family and friends, the student was a good kid. She went straight home from school, did her chores, helped out around the house, and did her homework. And then comes her teacher who decides to punish her because she somehow annoyed her teacher. Was that a good example? I don't think so. Last, I heard, the teacher's now in hiding.

***


I love the new Mister Donut commercial with the girl who got dumped by her boyfriend crying her heart out to her friends. Siya na ang nakikiramay, napagalitan pa. Alavit!

***


American Idol tonight was quite boring. Even the "hot ones" weren't so hot. Disappointing since this week's theme was songs from the 21st century. It should have been exciting and familiar, you know.

1. Lisa Tucker - You're just getting worse and worse every week. What happened to the girl who Simon praised? Remember during the Hollywood auditions, he asked you how old you were and when you said "16", he said, "Well, that just proves when you've got, you've got it". So disappointing. Just shows us that youth can be a factor. You probably couldn't handle the pressure. You actually kind of remind me
of Camille Velasco. She was good in the auditions but during the Top 12 performances, she just became worse and worse until she eventually got voted out on the 4th show. Ack.

2. Kellie Pickler - Kellie. Kellie. Kellie. Like so many people have said, the naive country girl act is wearing so thin now. I'm surprised you pulled it off for so long. But it's wearing our now and it was so obvious in your performance. Were you bored? Did you not like your song? Where's the passion? Where's the cuteness in it? Where's the bubbliness in it? I was so bored with your performance. Bucky had better moves than you (and that really doesn't say much). I'm sorry, my dear, but I don't think you have what it takes to become the next American Idol.

3. Ace Young - Ah. Ace Young. My friend doesn't like you but I do. I do. Coz I haven't had any new crush since, well, forever. But man, c'mon, what happened? You were doing good before. What happened now? You're flirting with the girls on camera but it's not working anymore. You're being dubbed this year's Constantine but the difference is people forget about Constantine's flirting on camera because he had a good voice and he delivered it everytime. You have yet to do that, my dear. Maybe you'll work it out next week, if you're still around. But I think you will be.

4. Taylor Hicks - I love you, Taylor Hicks. You are a wonderful class on your own. Because of you, I wanna be part of the Soul Patrol! Not your greatest performance but not your worst either. And you've got shorter and brighter hair. No matter what you do, I will forever love you, Taylor Hicks. Can you guess who my favorite it? ;)

5. Mandisa - People call you Man-diva because, yeah, you sing great and you're a great performer. But, like someone said tonight, I don't get it. I don't get you. You're good but there's just something about you that I don't get. I think you're going to reach at least Top 5 but I'm not sure if you're going to win it. One thing's for sure though, you're not going anywhere this week.

6. Chris Daughtry - I loved you at first because the first song I heard you sing was Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi. Then I watched out for you. Then you sang Hemorrhage by Fuel and I was impressed. And then you did the same thing week after week after week. I don't think you're going to win but I don't you're going to go anywhere this week though.

7. Katherine McPhee - You're as pop as pop can get. But I still love you. Even though your performance wasn't as good as last week, it still rocks coz it's you, McPheever. Unlike Kellie, you come off as real. And I want you to become the next American Idol.

8. Bucky Covington - Ah. Bucky. The underdog. I never get tired of seeing your perform. Well probably until the season ends. I can't imagine you winning the whole thing but I still have a fun time watching you. And that was a good attempt at the dancing. Wasn't good but I appreciate the effort.

9. Paris Bennet - Ah. I loved this girl at first. And then she lost her magic. And when the Top 12 started, she got it back again. Your performance of Beyonce's Work It Out was okay. Well, it's better than the other performances tonight. But at least your spirit's still there.

10. Elliott Yamin - My friends and I were discussing what possible songs the 10 contestants were going to sing tonight and they said they wanted Elliott to sing Gavin DeGraw, either Chariot or I Don't Want To Be. And they were right! Elliott changed up the arrangement and, well, I don't like it. But I still love your vocals. I love your singing voice. You sing so great! And I want you to be on Top 3 with Taylor and Katherine. That will be just perfect.

Bottom three will probably be Lisa, Bucky and either Kellie or Ace. I think Lisa will be out this week.

****Side Note: GEORGE HUFF was in the audience! I love this guy!

I was watching an old episode of Oprah and it was "Wildest Dreams Come True". She was about to make Bernadette's dreams come true. Bernadette's is a mom with 9 kids. She has two jobs, for the army and at Starbucks. She lives in a tiny apartment and she barely makes ends meet. In comes Oprah who gives all 9 kids a shopping spree at Toys 'R' Us. Then "lends" Nate, her decorator, to Bernadette to arrange her place. Plus Oprah presents Bernadette with brand new furniture, including a brand new living room set from Walter E. Smithe, top of the line kitchen showcase from Sears, 12 beds from Walter E. Smith.

And here's the best part. Oprah tells her that the kids got so much stuff from Toys 'R' Us and she didn't want how they can fit in all the new furniture and the new stuff in their tiny apartment. So Oprah surprises her by telling her, "We're getting you a new house". Omigod! Even the kids were crying because this is truly wildest dreams come true! Wow. At least there are still people like Oprah that does something like that.
posted by Jax @ 11:53:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.