http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Friday, October 31, 2003
convictions and new reading list
Nothing in life is certain. One minute, you may be on the top of the world. The next minute, you can be down in the dumps. One minute, you can be the head of the biggest company in the world. The next, you can be scouring the wanted ads for a new job. We can never really know what life has in store for us. Life is never predictable and never certain.

Except for one. God.

I am certain that God is there and will always be there, for me, and for all of us, if we want Him to. I am a baptized Catholic Christian. I was raised by a Catholic family. I studied in an exclusive girls' Catholic school and went to a Jesuit university. But I never really understood my Catholic faith until my senior year in college, 21 years later.

It all started with a retreat that I joined at the end of my senior year. It opened my eyes ever since and answered all my questions and gave me a true peace of mind. It was what I have been looking for all my life. It's true what they say. You don't have to look far for what you're looking for because chances are, they're right there, in front of you.

It's been a year and half since then and everyday has been a test from God. And I think I passed everyday because I thought of nothing but please Him and do what He wanted. I used to live my life selfishly. But now, I try to live my life for Him. I say try because I'm still trying to work on it. Everyday is still a test because I am still weak and there are times that I can give in to temptation easily.

But I'll never leave my faith now. Now that I've experienced true peace of mind, a positive and loving life and a true appreciation for the most important things in life.

I love life! And I love God!

***

I stumbled upon this link (yeah right, more like searched for it) that lists the Top 100 Books of the 20th Century. The list looks promising and looking through it, I realize that I've read some of it, like Pearl S. Buck's Good Earth, William Faulkner's Light in August, E.M. Forster's Howard's End, Ernest Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises and Edith Wharton's Age of Innocence.

And this is Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, Thomas Hardy's Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, LM Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables and Helen Fielding's Bridget Jones's Diary.

Well, it looks like my list of books to buy suddenly increased in great proportions. How's yours?

I leave you now with so many ideas on what books to buy or ask for Christmas as I leave for Tagaytay tomorrow morning to go to another Halloween party. Isn't Halloween so much fun?

I'll be back on Monday.

Take care everyone!
posted by Jax @ 7:38:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.