http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Thursday, September 18, 2003
Courthouse Rock
Check out Courthouse Rock. It's an interesting article about the latest case of RIAA against MP3 downloaders. Is there such a word as downloader? Anyway, since they started it, the RIAA has sued thousands of Americans for file-sharing. While I do believe in the cause, I do believe the RIAA, record companies and record stores should also listen to the consumers and realize why consumers are doing what they are doing. They should go to the root of the problem and work from there.

***

I read this article called The Virgin Notes published by the Philippine Daily Inquirer last Wednesday. All of us are virgins of some sort and not just sexually. We've all got our own stories of "first times". Let me ask you: what kind of a virgin are you?

As for me, I am a smoking virgin. I've never tasted a cigarette or a cigar, ever. Even if it's just to try it out for the first time. I've never done that. Nor will I attempt to do it. But I have been a victim of second hand smoke, though.

***

Oh, before I forget, I have this funny story about my two-year-old nephew, Kaleb.

Kaleb and his brother, Karlo, were here at home last night. While Karlo and my mom were at another room, my sister, Kaleb and I were in my mom's room, watching TV. Kaleb has this habit of taking off the phone in my mom's room off the cradle and playing with it. When he does that, I automically remove the phone line cable so that the line could still be used. Kaleb was holding a toy earlier, which he placed on my mom's bed before he took the phone. I picked up the toy and tried to lure him to take it back so he would drop the phone and I could put it back. Well it worked. But he dropped the phone on the floor. Since I wanted to teach him to start putting away the stuff he took in their right place, I told him to give the phone back to me. He just pointed at it and said something like, "Ooh!" I kept telling him to give back the phone to me and he just kept pointing at it and saying, "Ooh!" At that time, he was tugging at his shorts and I just thought he was pulling at his diaper. At that point, he started backing away and, since I wanted to watch what I was watching on TV, I decided to just pick the phone up and put it back. I looked down to pick it up and you know what I saw? POOP! Yes! It turns out Kaleb, um, pooped and, since he wasn't wearing any diaper or brief, the poop fell on the floor! All that time I thought he was saying, "Ooh!", he was saying "Poo!" Geez. Good thing I looked down. If I didn't, I would have - oh I don't even want to think about it! Goodness gracious.

The adventures of having a kid in the house.
posted by Jax @ 7:48:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.