http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Tuesday, September 09, 2003
updates
I've added a new section to this blog called fashionista to satisfy fashion enthusiasts, like me. Yes, I love clothes. It may not be obvious at times but I love to dress up. Right now, I am infatuated with hats. I'm trying to add more to my collection but with a limited budget such as mine, it's not really easy to move forward. Included in the list is two of my most favorite stores, Marks & Spencer and Top Shop, and my favorite fashion shows from the Style Network. If you're a fashion enthusiast like me, or just want to check out what's new, go on to these links. Top Shop has a great new collection in their site.

***

Can I just tell everyone once again how much I love Friendster? It is just so amazing. For the past two days, I've reconnected with three friends who are now living abroad and one friend who has gone MIA since high school. How cool is that? If you've got an account at Friendster or would like to make an account, add me! Just add my email address, hazpafis [at] yahoo [dot] com. I swear. It's so much fun talaga!

***

My next rave is about my most favorite director. He is a certified genius, my guru (I wish!). He is Pedro Almodovar. He is the only person in this world that I can think of that I would gladly stalk and, eventually upon discovery, would beg to let me work for him. I would, I swear. He is that good. He is responsible for movies such as Habla con Ella (Talk to Her), Todo Sobre Mi Madre (All About My Mother), Atame! (Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!) and Mujeres al Borde de un Ataque de Nervios (Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown). In my opinion, he started the revolution for independent cinema. His movies have never been for the mainstream but always just the product of his thoughts, imagination and experiences.

"All my movies have an autobiographical dimension, but that is indirectly, through the personages. In fact _I_ am behind everything that happens and that is said, but I am never talking about myself in first person singular. Something in me -probably a dislike of cheap exhibitionism- stops me from approaching a project too autobiographically." - from The Internet Movie Database

I was lucky enough to catch his latest movie, Habla con Ella, in Metro Manila cinemas last week. I was not disappointed. Almodovar has a way of bringing you into the world of his movie. When you watch any of his movies, it was almost like you were part of the movie. And the actors. I don't know how Almodovar does it but his actors act superbly. It was almost like their characters were made for them. It never fails. Never.

If you can get a copy (legal, of course), watch his movies. Pedro Almodovar is such a superb story teller. He is an amazing director and writer. One that I hope to accomplish in the years to come. I wish I can go to Spain and work for him. He is a genius and he is my idol. I just love the guy. I love the way he tells a story. And I love the way he enthralls his audience into loving the story. Amazing. Amazing.

***

Last night, Nicoffeine and I were talking about one of our similarities, our "affinity" for men with accents, i.e. hot men from UK. We actually came up with a tentative list of 15 people. Now, this isn't final yet. We just couldn't think of anymore due to sleepiness. And this is all in random order.

Presenting:

HOT MEN FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM

1. Ralph Fiennes
2. Joseph Fiennes
3. Jonny Lee Miller
4. Colin Firth
5. Ewan McGregor
6. Orlando Bloom
7. Jude Law
8. Cillian Murphy
9. Gary Oldman
10. Christian Bale
11. Jeremy Northam
12. Sean Bean
13. Alan Rickman
14. John Taylor (Duran Duran)

Last but not least,
15. Sean Connery (in a list of Hot Men around the world, you cannot exclude Sean Connery, the hottest man alive)

What do you guys think? Who should I add here?
posted by Jax @ 11:27:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.