http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Wednesday Night on Cable
I. AMERICAN IDOL

It's Rod Steward Week on American Idol, featuring "The Great American Songbook" series. When I heard about that last week, the first song that popped into my mind that I wanted someone to sing was "It Had To Be You". And someone did! Someone sang it! Anyway, moving on...

a. Chris Daughtry - Chris sang "What A Wonderful World" and it was a damn good thing he didn't try to "rock" it up. This was so much better. And it really showed his vocals. This performance just made me realize that he actually has a good singing voice. He came off, not as a rocker trying to sing a down tempo song but, as a singer singing a song that fit his vocals. It was very good. Which means he is safe for another week. Unfortunately.
b. Paris Bennett - Paris is and will always be a great singer. Tonight was no exception. When she sings, you forget she's only 17 years old. Her rendition of "These Foolish Things" was amazing. I hope she lasts to at least Top 4. My only negative reaction would have to be her outfit. What was she wearing?! She looked like a teacher.
c. Taylor Hicks - I love Taylor. I will always love Taylor. I didn't particularly like the song he choose but I still love his performance. And they mentioned the SNL spoof of him. Haha! That was hilarious! The SNL sketch, I mean.
d. Elliott Yamin - Omigod. This boy's vocals just blows me away every time. And he sang "It Had To Be You"! Psych! Omigod. It was such. An. Amazing. Performance. I love him. I am loving him more and more by the minute. And I don't get why people don't respond to him. He's such a great singer and performer! Bad trip.
e. Kellie Pickler - I could have loved Kellie this week but I still don't because she gave a terrible performance tonight. Did you notice at the start of her song? She was singing ahead of the music. Was she nervous or something? I'd have thought she would have already overcome that. But I gotta give props to her outfit. I love her shoes! I want them!
f. Ace Young - After that unforgivable rendition of Queen's classic last week, you redeemed yourself with "That's All". I'm not sure about that swept-up-in-a-ponytail hairstyle, though. But I do like the suit. It's real good to see you dress up good for once.
g. Katherine McPhee - MCPHEE-VER! I will always love you. And you sang one of my favorite songs. And you sang "Someone To Watch Over Me" wonderfully. If you leave any earlier than top 3, I will cry foul! Because you don't deserve any less than Top 3. And I love your necklace!

My top 3 still consists of Katherine, Taylor and Elliott because they're still the strongest and they deliver the goods everytime. I really, really hope they're the three people that will last til the end.

Who is my bottom three? Probably Kellie, Ace and Paris. They're all good but they're the weakest talents of the remaining seven. They will never win, I believe.
Who will be in the bottom three? Ace, Paris and Elliott. I think either Paris or Ace will be out. Because America's unpredictable yet predictable that way.

***

Real bottom three: Ace, Paris and Chris! I was a little shocked about Chris. I don't like him but I am surprised nonetheless. Ace is out, as expected. Which makes a lot of people happy.

Next week, guest performer will be Andrea Bocelli and the final 6 will be singing Greatest Love Songs. Nice.

II. VERONICA MARS

Second season has started on ETC. It's good to know that Veronica and Duncan are back together. It just sucks that Meg had to go through that because I like her. But I like Veronica better. Hehe. A little boring and a little trivial but it's only the first episode. Things will probably get better within the next few episodes. Funny lang. Appearance by America's Next Top Model Cycle 4's winner, Naima Mora, as
the new journalism teacher, Ms. Dumas.

III. MY NAME IS EARL

I love Jaime Pressly! She cracks me up everytime! "I don't know if she's speaking in a language that even exists. But it'a all lies." Classic! Oh and more line from Earl's brother, "Thanks, karma!" Ayos!

IV. GREY'S ANATOMY

This is the 2nd episode of the season but the 1st episode that I've watched. Well, technically, because I caught the last quarter of the show last week and I couldn't concentrate on it and so I thought it must not have been that good because it doesn't grab my attention. But turns out, it's not so bad after all. Like I told my friend, it's like The O.C. but without Seth Coen and with
Sandra Oh, Patrick Dempsey and the straight guy who everybody thought was gay (sorry, I don't know his name, yet). It has its funny and dramatic moments and it's not bad. I get the hype.

V. CSI LAS VEGAS

How freaky is tonight's episode? One kid, two parents? What is up with that? Who's telling the truth? Who's the real one? As it turns out. the kid of the fake one died 4 years back by poisoning. So his grandparents can't get him? That's a bit absurb. Although the mom (the fake one) was reportedly suffering from post-partum psychosis. Not depression, but psychosis. Still doesn't justify killing her own son. If only she had a strong support system. But with her husband dead, and not getting along with her in-laws, and seemingly not having any other family of her own, it's hard for her to find anyone she can rely on. But still. Sheesh.

Labels: ,

posted by Jax @ 11:59:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.