|Classic Love Songs
It was a bit disappointing. Only two performances could even be considered good. Others were just okay and the rest was just painful.
And yeah, someone did sing "Unchained Melody". And it was Kellie. *sniff*
1. Katherine McPhee - Yes, it's nowhere near as good as Whitney Houston but her performance of "I Have Nothing" was still good. And one thing I do admire about Kat is her confidence and optimism on stage. That's why I love her. And I still want her in the Top 3.
2. Elliott Yamin - Ah. My main man, Elliott. In my eyes, he can do no wrong. It's a good thing he really hasn't. Yet. I hope he never does. Coz he's just too good. And his performance of Donnie Hathaway's "A Song For You" was just amazing. It will be travesty if this boy doesn't go far.
3. Kellie Pickler - Kellie fans, please wake up! Is she really American Idol material? She's not! She gave us yet another boring and emotionless performance! And she sang "Unchained Melody". *sniff* That's such a lovely song and she didn't even try to fake her way through it! *sniff*
4. Paris Bennett - I am still astounded by Paris. She's 17 and yet when she sings, you forget she's 17. Her performance of Barbra Streisand's "The Way We Were" was good but I just think it's wrong for her. She's so young and she sings these old songs even though she sings them well. Whatever happens, though, you're still in my Top 4.
5. Taylor Hicks - I love the song you sung, "Just Once" by James Ingram. But I do agree with the judges. It doesn't fit you. And to tell you the truth, you actually look bored singing it. You would have been better singing something else. Something livelier perhaps.
6. Chris Daughtry - The soft side fits you well. I wasn't impressed with the rocker Chris but, I must say, I may be changing my mind about the soft Chris. But not quite. I still don't think you're the next American Idol.
Bottom Three: Kellie, Paris and probably Kat. But only because the last time she delivered a not-so-brilliant performance, she ended up in the bottom three.
Voted Off: It's hard to guess at this point but I still want Kellie out. I hope she's out.
And yes, Kellie's out!
Next week, the Top 5 will be singing songs from the year they were born and from the current Billboard Top 10. What do you think they're going to sing?
Labels: american idol, tv