http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Monday, October 04, 2004
Feng Shui and other updates
I caught Feng Shui starring Kris Aquino last night with my co-trainees. And I never expected it to scare me like that. I've never been that scared since, well, Ringu. The TV was on the whole time last night because every small sound, my sister moving on her bed, the wind and the trees outside, EVERY SOUND, would make me tense up and imagine the worst possible things. I kept my eyes closed and forced myself to think of different things that will hopefully enable me to sleep finally.

But enought about that, the movie was surprisingly good (obviously). Cinematography was amazing but I can't say the same for the editing. Whether it was deliberate or not, I think the editing could use a bit more polishing. The script was ok naman but the lines were too unnatural for me. (Ironically, the scriptwriter was my professor in scriptwriting last summer. Hehe. Does that say something about what he taught us?) The sound editing was also good.

But all of cannot make up for the fact that they made one really terrible and HUGE MISTAKE: when they cast Kris Aquino to play the lead role. Although that may have been deliberate since people in the audience were grateful for the "distraction". Everybody was laughing so hard whenever Kris appeared on screen. I wonder what Fr. Nick Cruz is saying about Kris in this movie? I'm guessing that short stint of an acting workshop in New York did not do wonders for Kris Aquino. I wonder why they chose her for the lead role? It's not for her acting abilities, that's for sure!

But all in all, it's still a good movie. It's not spectacular but it's still good. Just a note of advice: Try to watch it during daylight. I think it's less scary that way. Or maybe I'm wrong. Either way, Kris Aquino's acting will still leave you rolling on the floor, laughing your ass off. Hehe.

***


On a side note: I'm finally finished with all the training for Mocha Blends! Finally!
posted by Jax @ 10:48:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.