http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Wednesday, October 06, 2004
debates, colombia, rodney, yimou and cha
I caught the US Vice-Presidential Debates earlier on CNN. And I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. It seemed like no platform was ever discussed during the debates. Or maybe I missed it when I changed the channel a few times too many. But from what I saw, I liked Cheney. Confidence really is something else and that's what Cheney had. Edwards used his charm too many times and it really irked me. He tried to inject some humor to the debate but frankly, it fell flat on his face. I'm not very familiar with the candidates' platforms but Edwards came off as having no backbone and, I hate to admit it, Cheney seems to know what he's saying. Even the debate hosts had a hard time figuring out who had the advantage after this debate. I don't think Americans will know until after the Nov. 2 elections.

***


While watching the debates, I decided to take a break and change the channel and came across a National Geographic Channel feature on Colombia. No matter how down the Philippines is now, I'm glad that we haven't been as "unlucky" as Colombia. Did you guys know that growing and selling cocaine have been something that they cannot let go because it has become a "part of their economy". Several politicians and well-known anti-drug citizens have been assassinated by drug lords for speaking up against them. Colombians live in such a dangerous world, where one wrong step can mean the end for them.

***


In entertainment news, Rodney Dangerfield has passed on at the age of 82.

***


I am so looking forward to watching Zhang Yimou's latest movie, House of Flying Daggers.

***


And I just have to sneak this in:

Cha! Jovan! I can't believe it's only 7 months til the big day!
posted by Jax @ 5:07:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.