http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Sunday, September 21, 2003
desires
When I was still studying, I always told myself that I would get married only when I've turned 29 and I will start family at that age. I told myself that I still have a lot of things to do and enjoy before I really settle down. (for reference, please see "Thing to Do Before I'm 30" portion on the right column.) I always told myself career should come first before I even start a family.

But you know what? I finally realized and accepted that nothing in life is certain. That the only really constant thing in this world is change. And I have changed my mind. I'm 22 years old. In less than two months, I'll be turning 23. I'm still young. There are still so many things I can do.

Well I was watching Parenthood this morning, and it got me thinking. It got me thinking a lot. It got me thinking that there is nothing more that I want in this world than to have a family of my own. That eventually, the whole essence of my being and to feel complete as a woman is to finally have a family of my own. That I know, deep down in my heart, when I do have my career, I will leave it to take care of my family. And I really hope that the next guy I meet will be the one for me. So that we can start having a family.

I just hope that the next guy I meet is Orlando Bloom. Haha!

***

I was able to catch a performance of Tanghalang Pilipino's performance of William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice. While I didn't like their, um, version, Merchant of Venice still remains one of my favorite Shakespeare plays. Among my favorite Shakespearean works include Much Ado About Nothing and Romeo & Juliet. No matter what anyone says, Shakespeare is still the best playwright there is. I love his works and I will always love it. I went to Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's birthplace, last year and I swear, I could have stayed there all day. Since we couldn't buy too much stuff (since it won't fit in our luggage anymore), we had to resist every temptation and pick carefully through it. Well, we went inside this shop that sold books about and written by Shakespeare, souvenirs featuring Shakespeare and the like. Well I saw this beautiful leather bound book that contained the complete works of William Shakespeare. It only cost around 50 pounds and I wanted to buy it so much! But since it was heavy and we didn't have space for it in our luggage, I had to let it go.

I guess it just means I have to go back there and get that book. Yes. Yes. Exactly.

By the way, if you guys know any upcoming local Shakespearean plays, let me know about it. I love to watch those plays!
posted by Jax @ 12:00:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.