http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Sunday, September 28, 2003
boston
Boston, Massachussets, USA

Ah, Boston. I was supposed to go here for grad school for Fall Term 2003 but God had other plans for me.

I've never been to Boston. But people have been telling me that Boston is such a beautiful city. Well I can't confirm that so I'll take their word for it.

I went online to research about Boston and this is what I found out.

Some of the places a Boston visitor should go or do.

* Beacon Hill

Boston's National Historic District Neighborhood. This is the ideal neighbordhood for a walk in Boston. There are two historical Beacon Hill houses.

- the 19th Century Nichols House Museum still has the well-worn furnishings and traditional decor of an "upper crust" Boston family of that time.

- the Harrison Gray Otis House is the Headquarters of the Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities and it is still decorated in the style maintained by the wealthy, important family that built it at the end of the 18th Century.

- Louisburg square has a collection of beautiful row houses still inhabited by wealthy families, including Louisa May Alcott's house at No. 10.

Information from Beacon Hill Online.

* Newbury Street

Boston's own Rodeo Drive. It is lined with expensive boutiques and galleries, as well as outdoor cafes for watching the world go by.

* Harvard Square

This is the place for serious people watching. Lined with so many bookstores and unique stores, Harvard Square has become an overgrown Anymall, USA. Oh and it's surrounded by the historic buildings of Harvard University.

By the way, did I mention that Boston is a coffee town?

Information from Boston Online.

***

Donald O'Connor is dead! One of my most favorite movies is Singin' in the Rain, mostly because of the tandem of Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor. And now they're both dead. What a sad thing for Hollywood.

***

The GK777 Concert
Handog ng Pilipino sa Mundo
October 4, 2003, Saturday, 7p
GK777 Expo Site, Fort Bonifacio, Global City


Featuring: Gary Valenciano, Kuh Ledesman, Apo Hiking Society, Rachel aljenadro, Geneva Cruz, Nyoy Valante, Nina, The Ambivalent Crowd, Hot Legs and more!

Tickets at P5000, P2500, P1000, P500 and P300

Concert proceeds will go to the GK777 Movement - to build 700,000 homes for the poor and create 7,000 peaceful communities in 7 years.

For tickets, please call 0916 557 9875.
posted by Jax @ 9:46:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.