http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Sunday, July 27, 2003
coup d'etat
As of July 27, 2003, 2:40 this afternoon, a full alert has been issue because there is a threat of a coupd'etat in Metro Manila. Around 10 junior officers are camped out at Oakwood Center, Ayala Avenue, Makati City. More news about it here.

I personally support the cause of the rebel soldiers. I do not support their means of doing it but I nonetheless support their issues. This proves to be a humbling experience for the power greedy government officials in this country.

I'm not really very worried about what will happen regarding the coup. I'm more worried about the fact that, because of this, GMA might declare Martial Law, since she has declared Metro Manila as a state of rebellion.

One thing's for sure, if she does declare Martial Law, her declining popularity among Filipino people will go down even more.

It jsut frustrates me that she's more concerned about the welfare of the Philippines when it comes to foreign relations when she really can't even take care of the Filipino people. Maybe she should pay MORE ATTENTION to the Filipino people than she's giving to foreign affairs.

Basta, Lord, ikaw na ang bahala sa amin. We leave everything up to You, Lord. We know You will take care of us. And that everything that is happening and will happen is all according to Your will.

UPDATE: Around 9:55pm, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo has announced that the crisis in Makati and the threat of a coup d'etat is now over. The "rebel soldiers" have stepped down and have "surrendered". According to GMA, they will now be investigated.

Postnote: Can I just say that people are too damn selfish. I've been reading different blogs, getting their take on the coup d'etat subject. And you know why they don't like these "rebel soldiers"? Because they've disrupted their schedules. There were only a few blogs who posted comments that made sense, even if I'm against their stand, and based on logic rather than on emotions.
posted by Jax @ 12:22:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.