http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Wednesday, January 21, 2004
amazing
Ever since I watched Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring in January of 2002, I have wanted it to win Best Picture, Best Director for Peter Jackson or both at the major film awards. Sadly, the movie, along with the 2nd part of the trilogy, The Two Towers, were snubbed both times. This time though, with Return of the King, it has a very good chance of winning
Best Picture AND Best Director.

That is, until now.

I was able to catch the 3:30p screening of The Last Samurai starring Tom Cruise and Ken Watanabe at the Powerplant Mall and, without any expectations, I was deeply moved. Watch out, Peter Jackson! You've got some major competition right here.

What an amazing movie. It almost left me speechless at the end (almost because I just kept saying what an amazing movie it was). Although Tom Cruise got a Best Actor nomination for this, I think the true star of the movie was none other than Ken Watanabe, who plays the lord of the Samurais, Katsumoto. If you don't know, The Last Samurai is about the transition of Imperial Japan to the modern world. I have so much praise for this movie that it's hard for me to go on because I still want Peter Jackson to win. Oh well. We'll find out on January 26 (Manila time) for the Golden Globe results and March 1 (Manila time) for the Oscars results.

Since our dad followed us at the Powerplant Mall today, I was able to drag him to buy some books at Fully Booked and we bought a copy of Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. So many people have been recommending this and well, in short, I was intrigued. Once again, my list of books to read has grown longer, with the addition of Charles Frazier's Cold Mountain and Jeffrey Eugenides's Middlesex.

My sister also bought the Return of the King OST and I'm listening to it right now while recalling all the memorable scenes from the movie, including the part where Pippin sings a song for Lord Denethor and Faramir goes back to Osgiliath. That is one of the most touching scenes in the movie. It was so heartfelt and full of emotion.

By the way, did I mention here that I have a new crush? It's BILLY BOYD! Yes, he is crush now, after seeing him in ROTK. He's just so cute! And his smile is so endearing! Ahahay!

Oh! I ran into my friend whom I haven't seen in 7 months earlier today and wow. Wala lang, it was just so good to see her again!

Grabe, it' still early but my eyelids are so heavy already I think I'm going to sleep in awhile. Hard to do since I have so much stuff to do pa. Oh well. Those can wait til tomorrow.
posted by Jax @ 6:45:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.