http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Halloween Costumes



I love Halloween. It's the only time of the year where dressing up as someone else is not a problem. It's the only time of the year when people celebrate dressing up! Every year, my highest priority, during the Halloween season, is deciding what costume to wear. Since I started dressing up, I have gone as a tamago sushi, the creepy guy from Jeepers Creepers, a messed-up fashion icon, a gypsy and some others that I can't remember now.

Do you like to dress up during Halloween? What have you worn in the past?

It's not easy coming up with a Halloween costume though. You have to consider several factors, including availability of materials and resources, the place and time of the Halloween event, the degree of difficulty of making the costume and we shouldn't forget the fact that the costume has to be something we can pull off.

According to Victoria Lau, there are three steps in picking out a costume.
1. Pick a familiar costume - Be sure to pick out a costume about things you are already familiar with. For example, if you're an X-men fan, you can dress up as Rogue, Storm, Gambit or Wolverine. Don't dress up as Derek Zoolander if you don't know who he is.
2. Stick to a theme - If you're going out with family or friends, convince them to dress up as a group. For example, if there are four in the group, go as The Beatles. Or go as the Super Friends or as the nine members of the Fellowship Of The Ring.
3. Get your costumes and accessories - Once you've decided on the costume, start gathering all the materials you'll need. You may need to look all over your house, buy your costume or borrow some clothes. Check out the Halloween Party Store for ideas on what to wear and what to buy.


No matter what your costume is going to be, don't forget to have fun on Halloween! There's no sense having the perfect costume if you're not going to enjoy the time when you're gonna be wearing it.

*Halloween Party Store
Baby hotdog image courtesy of Halloween Party Store.
Halloween Carnival costume courtesy of Flickr.com.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jax @ 6:51:00 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    You do realize it's only July right? :p Or do you love Halloween this much that your costume needs to be planned out and prepared this early?!

    joey xx

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Jax said…

    Yes, Jo. I need as much time as I can to prepare. Or I'll probably think about it in July, forget about it for two months, then remember again in October. But at least I'll have an idea by that time, right? Hehe.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.