http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Meryl Streep
You are astig, Meryl Streep!


In celebration of her newest movie, The Devil Wears Prada, I would like to talk about the greatness that is Meryl Streep.

I won't talk about when and where she was born, what she did before becoming the great actress that she is, who she's married to, how many kids she has or even her filmography because you can learn all about that at her official website or at IMdB.

Instead, I will talk about how fabulous Meryl Streep is. She will never know about this, of course, because the greats don't like being fawned over. Yes, we're temperamental that way. ;)

Streep may have been acting for decades already but the first time I watched her was back in the '80s, as a little kid. It was She-Devil. Since I was only 9 at that time, I still had no idea who she was. The only familiar person in the movie was Roseanne Barr but only because her show, Roseanne was currently being shown on Philippine TV at that time.

But she left such a huge impact on me. Ever since that movie, I've tried to watch each and every one of her movies. From Death Becomes Her to Postcards From The Edge to Kramer Vs. Kramer to The House Of The Spirits to The Hours to Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events to Prime. She embodies her characters so much that it's so hard to imagine anyone else playing the part. But at the same time, she detaches herself from the character so that we never remember her for just one character but being all these characters played by one great actress. She's all about the art and the passion and that's what I love about her. Every movie is an experience with her. That is probably why I am looking forward to watching The Devil Wears Prada. In fact, it may be the only thing. I've read the book but it wasn't all that. The rest of the cast do not appeal to me (well except for Stanley Tucci). I wasn't even excited when they announced that the book was being made into a movie.

I would really love to make a movie with Meryl Streep in the lead. Probably a comedy because that woman has perfect comedic timing. I love it! I love her! How can you not love her? She is a great actress and I never want to stop watching her act.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jax @ 3:48:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.