http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Sunday, February 22, 2004
Jason Mraz
Good things come to those who wait.

I lost any hope that I would get to watch Jason Mraz's concert here in Manila because I had to make a choice and Jason wasn't it. I had his CD and I said to myself that was enough. Besides, maybe I'll have another opportunity to watch a future show. I didn't fret. Because there'll be other chances, other opportunities.

Well it seems like I had to watch the show.

And you know what's better than buying tickets for the show? Getting VIP tickets for free. That's right! We got Jason Mraz VIP tickets for free! How lucky were we?

The show was supposed to start at 8p but, as usual, people were late and the first show started at 9p. Paolo Santos was there to warm up the crowd but the truth is, I couldn't wait for him to get off the stage! Hehe. Jason finally came on stage at around 9:30p and, without uttering a single word yet, the crowd went wild!

This guy was made to perform live. He not only performed his songs but he talked and interacted with his audience as well. He kept teasing this girl in the front row, who had made a poster that says "i luv u, Jason!". I think the girl, if she wasn't able to compose herself, would have fainted right then and there! He kept saying she was a "bad speller because she couldn't spell love" and she was "a conservationist because she took out the letters y and u from you to conserve letters".

And he kept teasing the crowd because the girls rushed to the stage to take pictures of him with their cellphones and Jason thought they were trying to take pictures of his hat. And he feigned surprise that the girls wanted to have his hat. "I came to give you my heart, my words and my dance moves. And you want to have my smelly hat?" I found out that, when he was about to leave the concert venue about an hour after the show, he tossed his hat to the crowd that waited for him outside.

It was such an enjoyable experience. The guy is a born performer. His songs may not be the best but he makes up for it by trying to be the best onstage. Right now, I wish I could fly to Japan and catch his shows there coz the guy is just amazing!

I tried to take some pictures but we weren't that close enough to get a better shot. Excuse the photos, too. I just used my cellphone to take these pictures since cameras are not allowed inside. You can check out some of the pictures here.

*Au, you wanted details so I gave you details! Hehe
posted by Jax @ 5:39:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.