http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Saturday, April 05, 2003
Went to Starbucks yesterday for my Movie Club meeting with 6 minutes to spare to find none of them there. Oh well. I had my lunch of a tall cup of steaming hazelnut mocha and a plain croissant and butter. Then a guy named Marlon came. Goody! A new member. Then they started pouring in. First Edward, then Julius, then Fran, then Hera (a new member!) and finally Trish (another new member!) We had such a lively and productive meeting that before we knew it, 2 hours have flown by. We'll be meeting again next month, on May 17, 2003 for our first regular activity since becoming inactive a couple of months ago. I hope this really works out! Next month, we'll be featuring musicals.

After the meeting, I went to Odyssey to buy the new album of Barbie's Cradle, Playing in the Fields (which is excellent, btw), and was very surprised and delighted when I saw that they had a copy of Norah Jones' concert DVD. omigoodness! well now I am the proud owner of a Norah Jones Live in New Orleans DVD. I love it so much! Norah Jones is just a phenomenal singer. The DVD also includes Bessie Smith, her song that I've been looking for for so long.

Oh man. With all that excitement, I kind of forgot to eat more food yesterday. That one piece of croissant I ate was the only food I've eaten so far and I forget to eat more. That's why when I was at church, listening to mass last night, I was really dizzy. I mean, I was hungry and I was hot (it's so freaking hot in Manila now!). I couldn't concentrate and I couldn't remember what the priest said last night. After the mass, we went to KFC to grab some food because we were still going to pick up my sister and we won't be home for at least an hour and a half and my stomach cannot wait that long anymore. Oh man. When I got home, I started eating kare-kare and rice and thanking God for the food. It was so good! Well, after not eating practically the whole day, I think anything I eat will taste so good. I will never let that happen to me again. Migoodness.

posted by Jax @ 8:13:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.