http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Thursday, August 05, 2004
ADMU Spirit
Cha! Baka maiyak ako!

I don't even know why I bother going there. It's like I want to torture myself. People have told me not to visit anymore because they know the effect that it has on me.

Before you think that this is some big, national issue, it's not. But it is an issue that's close to my heart. I am talking about the Ateneo heart and spirit. Although I think the "all-out support" for Larry has gone overboard, I still haven't underestimated the heart of an Atenean. Non-Ateneans have always misunderstood an Atenean and think they are all about parties and fashion and fancy cars and suffering from superiority complex.

Admittedly, there are some people like that. But most Ateneans are some of the most passionate people out there, whether it be in business, politics, the arts, sciences and/or the medical field. That's probably why when non-Ateneans do meet the Ateneans, they are genuinely surprised because they are not who they thought they were. These Ateneans are so passionate about making a difference. People don't hear about them because doing the work is enough. Letting the whole world know about it is not very important for them. There are some Ateneans who are some of the most down-to-earth people I know.

I am Atenean and I am proud to be an Atenean. I will always be thankful to Ateneo because my Ateneo education shaped the person that I am today. I learned to think for myself, to be socially-aware, to take action, to work, to lead others by serving them, to love God above all else.

I don't really respond to "false allegations and accusations" against Ateneans but when they've gone too far, I always put these people in their place. It's just so sad that they don't practice the education the education that they received. I mean, what kind of education teaches its students to backstab, misjudge and accuse another group of people?

I consider myself an Atenean and I will always consider myself an Atenean. And if anyone dare cross us falsely again, I will be prepared to meet them head-on. I have the utmost respect for every person but when they show themselves to be ignorant, judgmental and narrow-minded, they better prepare for the consequences of their actions.
posted by Jax @ 3:16:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.