http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Back in Circulation
I'm back from a week of holiday. It was fun but I am glad to be back home. The trip was entertaining but tiring. It's always nice to visit and find out about another culture. It makes me appreciate home a little more.

But like everything else in this world, you gotta take the good with the bad. The train ride to Singapore was torture. 7 hours riding on a really fast, about-to-break-apart train. Thankfully, we arrived in Singapore in one piece.

And going home to Manila wasn't fun either. Philippine Airlines (PAL) still hasn't changed. Instead of leaving at 1p, we left at 5p, due to some "engine trouble". Frustrating? I think so.

Malaysia

We arrived at Malaysia at 9:40p. Thinking we would arrive at the hotel a short time later, we were in for a surprise when we found out that the airport was not in Kuala Lumpur but in Sepang, around 75 km south of Kuala Lumpur. In short, we arrived at the hotel at around 12am. We had a beautiful view from our room though. We were on the 12th floor and we could see a lot of Kuala Lumpur at night, including Petronas Towers and KL Tower.

I like Kuala Lumpur. It's simple and quiet. But I have a problem with the people though. Some of the ones I encountered were not very friendly. They were accommodating, yes, but don't expect a smile from them.

It was hot, as I know it would be. After all, it was still Southeast Asia. But it was still pretty different. It was interesting to see modern architecture alongside Malaysian architecture.

It would be fun to go back and explore some more of the country though.

Singapore

We arrived at Singapore at around 10p and was disappointed some more when we found out we weren't going to be picked up because of some miscommunication problems. So we took a cab to the hotel. But the day's frustration doesn't end there. We arrived in our rooms an hour later and was greeted by a "not-so-nice" room. I just wanted to cry right there and then and was on the verge of changing hotels. But I calmed down and stayed at the same hotel because it had a good location.

Anyway, I had a nice time at Singapore and I was able to see it for the first time and you know what? I was so keen on trying to live in Singapore but I don't want to anymore. It seems like it is too quiet and too organized. I mean, the President did a good job, organizing the whole city. But like my friend said, who's living there now, the people aren't very spontaneous. I mean, they are friendly but it seems like everyone's in too much of a hurry to get where they're going to. I like Singapore because it's an international art hub. But maybe I'll just go there for a visit from time to time.

You can view the pictures here.

Oh and I got to eat some chicken rice (at a food place at Beach Road, the food court of Raffles City and the airport). It took us two days to look for a place but it was worth the hassle. Yum yum!
posted by Jax @ 7:43:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.