http://www.one.org
Jax Place
"For Our Feature Presentation"
Saturday, March 29, 2003
Watched Gangs of New York kanina. Not as good as I expected. The story's too vague and too predictable, in some ways. Can't say the same for the acting, though. They were great! Especially Daniel Day-Lewis, who's almost unrecognizable in the movie. Martin Scorsese's direction of the movie was still superb. This is a movie only he can make. He deserves his Best Director Award. Wish he'd won an Oscar for Best Director also but that's ok. Everyone he knows he always does a real good job.

Speaking of Oscars, I'm curious about The Pianist and whether Roman Polanski and Adrien Brody really did do a good job. I wonder when they're going to show it here. I wonder when they're going to show The Hours here. The Pianist and The Hours are the only Oscar-nominated for Best Picture movies that I haven't seen yet. Saw Chicago when it opened here and I loved it!

Can't wait for May! Some of my most-awaited movies will be shown then! Hope I'll be able to squeeze them all in.

Just listened to the Devlin's song, Waiting. That song is just amazing! Heard it when I was watching an episode of Six Feet Under. They featured the song at the end of the second episode of Season 1.

waiting
devlins

Waiting at the station.
Waiting for the right moves.
Waiting in the basement.
Waiting for the right cues.
Waiting in a daydream.
Waiting in this slipstream.
Waiting...

Waiting in the right bars.
Waiting in the right shoes.
Waiting in a fast car.
Waiting in the airports,
waiting for my air-miles.
Waiting in slow motion,
coming through the turnstiles...

And if you ever change you mind,
you know I'm not hard to find.
And if you ever need someone,
I'll still be waiting...

Waiting with the orphans.
Waiting for the bee stings,
they tell me that success brings.
Waiting in the half-light.
Waiting through your whole life.
Waiting for an ideal, a low deal, a no deal.
Play your stereotype, oh yeah...

And if you ever find the time,
you know I'm not far behind.
And if you ever need someone,
I'll still be waiting...

Just waiting, for a friend.
Waiting...

I said it's alright!
It's alright, my friend...
Yeah it's alright!

Just waiting...

Listening to Norah Jones now with her song Turn Me On. She really deserves the Grammy awards she got this year. I'm not surprised that a lot of people don't know her. But I dislike the way things are turning out now. People (including radio stations), who never played her songs before, are now playing it several times in a day only after she won the Grammys. It's so infuriating lang!

I do hope matuloy ako sa Boracay this April. Miss ko na kasi eh! I just love the beach!
posted by Jax @ 5:29:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jax
Home: San Francisco, CA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
I am a freelance writer, editor and blogger.
I write from home and I write from the
coffee shop I manage. I am also a graduate
student at AAU, studying film.
I have never been more stressed in my life.
And I am loving it!
To know me and more about my writing services, drop me a line at
jtabergas [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Meanwhile, read some of my works here:
  • HubPages
  • The Movie Space
  • Couch Tuber
  • Flick Rev
  • Good Life Review
  • 'Bout Books
  • Afterthoughts
  • Powered by FeedBurner

    Add to Google Reader or Homepage
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Affiliates

    Barnes & Noble Recommends 120x90

    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER


    blog search directory
    Listed in LS Blogs


    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Pinoy-Blogs.com
    Pinoy Blog Directory
    Pinoy Hot Blogs
    Blog Flux Directory
    Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.